DODGE RAM FORUM banner

RAM 2500 Priced Out

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  DDorr 
#1 ·
I priced out the 2014 Ram 2500 w/6.4L and this is the dealers quote. He is selling at invoice since it is a special order. I would get any rebates if they are available when the truck comes in. What do you think of the deal? I'm going to shop it around a couple other dealers to see if they will beat the price. How much under invoice is a good deal? The only online place I have been able to find to build and price a 2014 was googled AOL autos and they had it and with the same prices as what he is quoting me. When we added options it was price for price invoice pricing.

Attachments

#2 ·
I see he whited out the Holdback, FFP and EP pricing, off your sheet.

I would ask for 50% of the holdback, in addition to what he's offering. It doesn't matter if it's a "Special" order or not, which is just salesman talk for "sold". In fact, it's easier for him because if it's sold, he doesn't have to worry about eating into the holdback for floor plan.

When there's ton's of dealer offering below invoice, there's no reason to pay invoice + rebates. You want invoice + rebates + 50% of holdback.

#4 ·
I just ordered a 2014 2500 Laramie with Cummins and a bunch of options last week. Invoice was $56,936. Dealer sold it to me for $55,136. IF there are rebates, etc., when truck arrives those will be deducted from the $55,136. Think you can do better.

#5 ·
x2. You can do way better. Especially for a gas truck. That price is approaching the Cummins prices and is probably over what most dealers around me are selling their 2013 Cummins trucks for. Then when your truck gets here you get what, something like 2500-3500 in rebates? If you cannot wait for this truck, fine, but I think you'll be way overspending.

#6 ·
You are wise to check other dealers. I am willing to bet you will get a better price from another dealer. It is curious to see they have removed the holdback discount. Good luck with it and share some photos when you get one.

#8 ·
OK it is officially on order!
Here is what I got;
2014 RAM 2500 SLT W/22T Outdoorsman PKG 22T W/6.4 Hemi
DEEP CHERRY RED w/Light Frost Beige/Canyon Brown w/Premium Cloth 40/20/40 Bench Seat
Wheels:18" x 8.0" Polished Forged Aluminum
4.10 Rear Axle Ratio
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Luxury Group
Fold-Away Power Heated Mirrors
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
Universal Garage Door Opener
Outdoorsman Badging / Outdoorsman Group
Power 10-Way Driver Seat
Protection Group
Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
Tow Hooks
UConnect 8.4A AM/FM/BT/Access
Heated Front Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
180 Amp Alternator
Spray In Bedliner
Wheel to Wheel Side Steps
RamBox Cargo Management System
ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera
ParkSense Rear Park Assist System
9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer
MSRP of $49,630
Invoice of $45,232
Got it for $44,487 before any rebates that come out.
Dave Smith wanted $45,110 and I had another dealer in the area offer up $44,837
So think this is a pretty good deal for a 6.4L I know I could have gotten a little cheaper off the lot but not built to exactly what I wanted and this way I get the coil spring rear on top of everything else. Now the 8-12 week wait begins!

#9 ·
Congrads on the truck! It may be here sooner than you think unless there is a delay with the new engine.

Anxious to hear how the new rear coils perform.

#12 ·
If you know the MSRP, Ram's hold back is easy to calculate...

On the original order sheet, that was posted, the hold back would have been $1461.

Here's the calculation.. Take total MSRP minus Destination then multiply by 3%.

So on the original posted order build sheet... It's (49,810-1095)*.03 = 1461.

#13 · (Edited)
I got my 2013 for 3% under invoice and all commercial rebates.

There has to be a ton of factory to dealer incentives that none of us here know about. The dealer is making money on that as well as the $499 conveyance fee or doc fee. That is pure profit.
They make a ton of cash on monthly payment shoppers packing the payments with higher interest rate, vin etch, paint protection, lifetime towing, LoJack, gap insurance, credit life and disability, nitrogen and tire protection plans. Don't forget they sell your trade at a profit even to a wholesaler or auction.

It's not a charity, a lot of money is made in the f & I office and with the factory to dealer incentives.

#14 ·
Crabjoe is right on. My dealer told me exactly what the hold back was on this truck and it was like 1465, so basically we almost split the difference. Now if some rebates will show up before the truck does I'll be even more satisfied with the deal!

#18 ·
I am out in Guam working this week and for grins I went to the Military Sales office here to have them price out my same truck. I got it over $2K less then their price. If I could buy from them they would have matched the price + $300 more off. Then all the rebates. I would have had to be out here for min. 30 days to be able to buy from them. No thanks, I'm good lol. I know they give a pretty good deal so was happy to hear that my deal was even better. Now just have to be patient and watch everyone get their new '14's in the next few days...I see the flood gates have opened on the arrivals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.