DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Replaced RES radio to Mygig 430, version difference?

8K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  jjbovenzi 
#1 · (Edited)
I purchased a 430 mygig on ebay that claimed it was from a 2011 Ram 1500.

It works as expected but the splash screen comes up at Chrysler. I updated the firmware from 8.03.02 to 10.00.11. Noticed the splash screen changed from the large uconnect logo and small chrysler logo to a big new chrysler logo and a small uconnect logo. Functionality is the same, a bit speedier.

The radio now has a VID tab, nothing happens when pressed.

This is the same functions as my first RBK radio in my charger, but when the radio in the charger was not working right, it was replaced with a new RBK but that unit now had pause/rewind satellite, sports update, favorite artist notifications etc... I know that Mitsubishi made one version (or series of the mygigs) and Harmon-Becker made another.

Does anyone know on what year or date code things changed?

My mygig info. model P05064678AH A
supplier: 42774
date code 1640

I found myself on the mygig forum (http://mofv.com/mygig/BBS/index.php)

and I tried all the suggestions to get the Dodge logo to appear. any ideas?

Ok, I just spoke with Mike and Steve over Radios and More dot com and Steve (the chrysler tech) told me that in 2011-12 the radios were made by another supplier and that the tagging of songs/artist and satellite pause/rewind is a function in 2011-12 radios.

See less See more
#2 ·
#5 ·
Hello GTyankee,
How are doing today? Great I hope.
On this question I have a couple of thoughts about it and I have sent a friend an email to verify them.
1) I believe that the radio that Socalgordon has purchased is a 2009 -2010 RBZ radio out of a T&C vehicle.
2) The VID tab that he's getting now may be for rear seat entertainment and probably wasn't an option with the earlier SW version.
3) I'm pretty sure that if you change out a base radio to a touchscreen radio, the TPIM should (doesn't have to be in order for it to work) be flashed to remove the base radio and add the new touchscreen radio to the vehicle build. Once this is done the TPIM send a CAN BUS message on the vehicle type which then lets the radio display the correct logo.
I have also heard that the logo information is stored in the PCM.

I'll get back to this thread when I get the email back.

You can see how XSDBS tries to help people
These are questions that he tries to answer on the RBZ
it is a long post, several pages

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=108564

#7 ·
I believe it is from a 2010 vehicle, judging from the date code of 1640
the first 3 of the code, 164, is the days of the year it was built, June 13th, the last number signifies the year, 0 = 2010.

Unless the radio was made and put in an early build of a 2011?

#8 ·
FYI, I'm still waiting on a reply to verify the programming but I am pretty sure that the dealer has to delete the factory radio and add the new radio to the vehicle build.

I believe it is from a 2010 vehicle, judging from the date code of 1640
the first 3 of the code, 164, is the days of the year it was built, June 13th, the last number signifies the year, 0 = 2010.

Unless the radio was made and put in an early build of a 2011?

#9 ·
Another interesting piece of oddity, I have imported some pictures, selected them to be default but they do not show up when you look at the main screen. It is selected as the default pic, I even tried selecting the default beach pic and that does not even show up. The damn Chrysler logo shows up. grrrr.

Question, If I get a 730 mygig, do those come with bluetooth and uconnect built in and I would NOT have to get the extra add on devices? I would just need the microphone cable, correct?

#10 ·
When you have time, take the 2 or 3 screws out on the dash bezel & get it out of the way enough to get at the new radio. Then pull the 4 screws out of the radio mount.
Pull the radio out enough to see the label on top of the radio, if you can, take a picture & post it. It has all the info needed on that label.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=nYa4pFjZSts&NR=1

=============================================================
Useless infomation
the radios RHR & RER 730N, as you know are navigation radios & they use the NAVTEQ mapping
the RHB 430N, is also a Navigation radio, but with the better Garmin mapping
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If i were in your position, i would be on the telephone, talking to Al & Ed's Autosound, asking about getting this installed, there are at least 3 locations near you. Corona, Riverside, & Ontario

http://www.al-eds.com/Parrot-P1020005AE-p24761.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_333CK3100B/Parrot-CK3100-Black.html?tp=8395

It is a hands free bluetooth car kit, it comes with wiring kit, the brain (module), a microphone, & a very small dash unit. It uses your own Ram speakers, just like the Uconnect module does. The microphone can be placed anywhere that you want it, on my last vehicle it was on the overhead console, between my head & the mirror, worked perfectly.
I believe that you would only need a $40 or less RBZ radio antenna

#12 ·
Thanks for the info on the parrot info, but I am a "stock" person. I like to keep things as close to stock, or the appearance of stock as close as possible. :smileup:

I am also the type that likes to mod things that make other people question themselves on why they do not have that option on their truck. :158:

#13 ·
Thank you
i see date of manufacture was
June 13, 2010

being as Chrysler usually cuts off production for the calendar year around May & June, i doubt that was in a 2010 year model vehicle.
Likely it was installed in a 2011 model

#21 ·
Hello, If you're asking the question that I think you might be asking, Say you take a pic of a Loved one and you want to load it to
MyGig and the Pic be the BackGround all the time? Is this what you are asking? If so then i have to say sorry, but no it can't and never will be able to do that, be a Wallpaper or Back Ground, a few names that goes by.....
What it means by Load pic as Default means when you are on Split screen with nav and radio or you have nav up and split screen and pic will be on the Split....

As all of you have had or still having, I don't own or Drive a Chrysler, but MyGig Begs to differ and was Hoping someone come up with a way to correct without Flashing... Thanks

#16 · (Edited)
XSDBS or someone else will have to answer that
some radios have 3 or 4 different images stored on the hard drive
But you can enter your own images

I believe down loading your own has something to do with with the USB port in the glove compartment & the type of file used to input them

It may be explained in the RBZ owners manual
i'll edit this post if i find it

EDIT:
http://www.oemautopartsco.com/product_extra_files/RBZ Manual.pdf

about picture files starts on page 51

Chrysler has its own website about the RBZ
http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/quality/rbz/

#17 ·
I have done this before on my old charger/RBK radio. They import fine, they are viewable when I select them as default. It is just no matter what file I choose, the stock chrysler logo stays. The files are 240x158 and are jpg's with simple names, no odd characters in the name. I actually got them from the mygig forum in the wallpaper thread.

#18 ·
I did the same thing as you. I however have a LockPick module and everything was seamless. I would recommend picking up a lock pick(makes everything easy and accessible).

#19 ·
For what it's worth, when I updated my 430 RBZ to 10.00.11, my splash screen starting displaying JEEP. Every time I power up the vehicle, it shows the Jeep logo.

I don't know where the image comes from. The ISO for the 10.00.11 had no discernible image files on it, so I don't really know how to change it.

#20 ·
If you are asking about the Uconnect and the mygig radios..

The RER and RHR radios have the Uconnect built into the radio, and do not need an external Uconnect module. All other radios need the uconnect module for hands free to work. Also since the RER and RHR radios have the Uconnect built in, the microphone connects directly to the radio rather than to the Uconnect module.

#22 ·
The Splash screen image cannot be changed via the hard drive images. From what I've gathered, it is stored elsewhere and only changes when the HU is added to the vehicle by flashing it, or something along those lines. I'm dealing with the same issue, I bought an RBZ from a guy who took it out of his 2011 Jeep. When I first powered it up it had the Jeep splash screen. After a few minutes of communicating with the trucks computer it cycled off and on and then had the Chrysler flash screen, still does to this day. I need to take it to the dealer and have them delete the stock radio and add my RBZ. Tried to do that today but the mechanic apparently didn't understand what I was asking him to do, or didn't know how to do it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.