DODGE RAM FORUM banner

EBC Pads or Power Stop Pads+Rotors?

6K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  MeanMango2010 
#1 ·
I am down to bare minimum on my pads right now and need a new set ASAP. I turned the rotors once before around 25K due to squeeling, so I'm thinking I will need rotors.

I am looking at either a set of Power Stop pads+rotors from AutoAnything for less than $200. The other option is EBC Green Stuff pads and EBC Sport Rotors for $300. Should I buy the PowerStop kit for $186.45 or EBC for 301.60?

I have only seen two opinions of PowerStop, one good and one bad. EBC on the other hand is a well known brand.

Also, if my rotors are turnable do you think I should just turn em and slap some pads on?

#2 ·
I am a personal fan of the EBC setup. It's been on 2 vehicles now and they've been very reliable and had very little brake dust. The most important thing to know, is to use the GreenStuff Supreme pads on the front since our vehicles are front-brake biased, you want the 'stronger' pads on the front or you'll have nothing but brake dust issues. Since you're making better than stock power levels with the RIPP, it might be prudent to upgrade your braking ability with the EBCs.

If your rotors are turnable, then stick with the Power Stops, but if you need to replace everything, I'd spend the extra and get the EBC.

#4 ·
If your rotors are turnable, then stick with the Power Stops, but if you need to replace everything, I'd spend the extra and get the EBC.
Did you mean that the other way around? Cause the PowerStop only comes in a kit with rotors and pads. I have to order the EBC stuff seperately.

#5 ·
I meant it exactly as I said it. I can order PowerStop pads through Napa, didn't look at AA, so I didn't realize it only came as a kit. I personally avoid cross-drilled rotors like the plague, the EBC's are only dimpled, so they don't generate the same thermal expansion stress as a cross-drilled does.

Looking at AA, the less than $200 is only for one set of pads/rotors. Are you planning on only swapping the fronts?

If you wanted a different rotor, then I'd look at the Power Slot Cryo rotors. The more rotor face you have the more stopping power you have, so having just a vented rotor is better than having just a cross-drilled

#7 ·
Got the front wheels off today and measured the rotors. They measured 1.084 and machine spec is 1.035. They will be just slightly above spec when I'm done. But I think I will just machine them and put the EBC Green Supremes on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.