DODGE RAM FORUM banner

to the people who have tinted there front windows...

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  2013Sport 
#1 ·
are you noticing any small dots? i was curious as to why i had some after i waited the 3 day period the shop tells you to wait so out of curiosity i checked my moms and brothers cars who are both tinted front and back and i noticed similar small dots in the windows. so i'm guessing this is normal somewhat? there not that noticeable unless you are looking for them and i have already had the shop redo them once and they don't look as bad as the first time but still there are some small small VERY small little dots in certain areas of the window.

#2 ·
Small amount of air got in there, it should disappear when the windows get warm. I have them in mine too, you have to really look hard to see them.

#4 ·
I tinted my two fronts to match the back and I havent seen any dots.

#5 ·
If they don't go away after a week or so, it means there is fuzz/dust under the tint and it will not go away.

David

#7 ·
I just had my fronts tinted to 25 percent and the rear windows of my QC as well a couple of days ago and only noticed a few small air bubbles. I have not noticed any since yesterday. It has been 100 degrees out so probably did not take long for them to evaporate.

#10 ·
That is exactly what it is, probably off of the towel they used to clean the window. They should have used a blade as the last cleaner, this gets all the dust/lint/fuzz off of the window right before the put the tint on.

Take it back, should be under warranty.

David

#11 ·
Like what was said earlier, Park in the Sun for a few days. That should clear it up. If not, THEN it would be safe to say that it IS dust.

Had my ram done twice! First guy used crappy film and it faded. No spots tho, either time.

#13 ·
Give it a month. Make sure not to roll your windows down... let them get hot a number of times. I have 5% all the way around on my black regular cab express and they had bubbles then slowly went away. They are all gone now and it looks amazing! Just be patient. If it was done right however you shouldnt have a problem and just wait it out. Ive had all my trucks tinted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.