DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Which Forward Facing Child Safety Works Best in 95 Club Cab?

815 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  GTyankee 
G
#1 ·
I need help finding a good forward facing child safety seat for a 3 1/2 year old that will fit my 95 Dodge Ram Club Cab. Needs to sit upright in the middle of the back seat to provide leg room behind the center console.

Here's what I've tried so far. I had a Britax seat in my Mega Cab Hemi but I recently traded up for a 95 Cummins. ;) The Britax seat was way too big and hit the back window, and my son's feet had to rest on top of the center consol.
Tonight I bought an Evenflo Chase seat and it fits great but the lap belt does little to keep it against the seat back. Even with the belts as tight as possible, you can still easilly slide the bottom of the seat forward until it hits the consol. I don't want my little guy's legs getting pinched. I am thinking I could make some straps or latches to sinch it back but I wouldn't be 100% sure it was safe.

There has to be something out there that works in these 2nd Gen Dodges. Let me know which brands of seats actually work please. Pics would be great too. I read all of the other posts on this subject here, and everyone seams to just cop out and say go to the cops and see what they say or they offer up some generic laws or rules. No offense but that's not the Dodge Ram 2nd Gen specific advice I'm looking for. I want to see what people are actually using in these trucks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#3 ·
I've had a forward facing car seat in the same place on my '97 Crew Cab. I've never had it slide before. Of course, mine is an old seat, I'll try to get the make and model for you when I get home. But, what is that that is sitting under the car seat? Is it smooth which could cause the sliding? Also, is there an opening for the seat belt more towards the bottom of the car seat?

#4 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.