DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rear view mirror issues

7K views 64 replies 42 participants last post by  reboot04 
#1 ·
Ever since I bought my truck I've noticed the rear view mirror is about 1/4-1/2 inch lower in the morning than when I parked at night. I do not see any issues during the day or even when hitting off-road locations with a lot of "washboard" bouncing around. I am going to take it in to have it looked at but the odd thing is it feels very rigid so I don't see how any adjustments will help but hey who knows.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

#11 ·
You guys do realize... The average person is actually taller in the morning, after lying in bed all night... Science... In basic terms, lying in bed causes the spine to 'relax' and stretch out to it's 'relaxed' position. Basic walking and force of gravity during the day actually compresses the spine, and other joints in the body.

Every car I've owned, I too have noticed the mirror "slightly lower" in the morning. Leave it alone, and at the end of the day, it's back to where it "normally" is.

#13 ·
Mine does it also, at work for 3 weeks get back in the truck look in the mirror and I see the back seat, have to fix it, almost like the new mirrors with all the new goodies in it is too heavy for the mount

#15 ·
I've had my truck for about 3 weeks and I haven't touched the mirror since I adjusted it when I drove it off the lot.

I found myself adjusting my mirror on my previous car a lot more as it had a narrow view through the rear window but it had a lot to do with my posture when I sat in the car. I don't think the mirror ever moved.

#16 ·
WELL SHIT - I'm not losing my mind on this issue!! I only drive my truck on weekends for the most part and I have to adjust it every week. I too thought I was just not sitting up straight or something.

Not sure what the Dealer will do except maybe tell me "I'm taller in the morning" :gy:

#21 ·
I have to adjust mine every couple of days, too. I really didn't notice it for the first couple of weeks of ownership.

#29 ·
So how do you explain this to the Dealer - :thk: My mirror falls down and it can't get up?

#25 ·
I've also noticed that I have to adjust my mirror up everything I get in my Ram (and I'm the only one that drives it). I don't think I've ever adjusted the mirror in my Explorer. I think I'll go put a laser sight on it when I park it at night and see where the laser hits in the morning. I think I'll aim for the little light sensing dot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.