DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Comin' up on 50k miles...

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ArmyofOne 
#1 ·
Gonna change all the fluids. I know the tranny requires ATF+4, which I will attempt to source in a synthetic...but I would also like to take the diffs and t-case to synthetic as well, without going AMSoil...reason being is AMSoil is not commercially available in a store, and I dont like the idea of buying stuff over the net. I am very weary about that after ID theft a few years ago, which ended up costing me over $100 grand. The truck is an 09, 4.7 SLT, with 3:55's in the rear end, it is 4wd, but does not have the "auto 4wd" option. So how many quarts of tranny fluid, and what are the weights of diff oil (can I use 80w90? I have alot of that), and what kind of fluid for the T-case? Also, when should I be changing the coolant, and is there anything else I should look into doing? I am a mechanic, so I am not paying the dealer to do this, its fluid changes. In addition to this I will be checking the brakes and changing the serpentine belt as well.

#4 ·
Umm no...the diffs are NOT open LOL. No Idea what you are talking about, but my truck is pretty much stock, and both diffs have fluid.

You can go to http://ramtrucks.com click on "owners" and download the owner's manual which should have some of the information you're looking for. Also on the homepage click on "body builder's guide" it has more information. Just have to play with it to get to the right page.
Oh, ok, thanks Brian!

#3 ·
You can go to http://ramtrucks.com click on "owners" and download the owner's manual which should have some of the information you're looking for. Also on the homepage click on "body builder's guide" it has more information. Just have to play with it to get to the right page.

#6 ·
most fairly large towns have an independent AMSOIL dealer, usually sold out of their garage,
you live real close to Watertown NY, & if they don't have a dealer there, i would be surprised, besides that, just across the border is Bellville & Kingston Ca, i bet the RamforumZ members there know where to get it
Burville Power Equipment 25371 Route 12 South Watertown, NY 13601 315-786-3468
Bills Auto Marine in Dexter NY
Or buy AMSOIL locally from great vendors such as Standard Auto Parts and S&M Cycle in Watertown, NY

most chain auto parts stores will order Royal Purple for you

#7 ·
I was not aware of the AMSOIL distributors, I was only tracking online purchases. Why do they not advertise this stuff, It is really first rate oil.

Royal Purple does not make an ATF thats compatible with our transmissions that I know of. I am going to use the dealer fluids and replace the filter/pan gasket at the same time. I will look into the AMSOIL when I get to Seattle, there will be ALOT more options and availability there too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.