DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Custom painted my grille>>>pics inside

8K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  BamaRam09 
#1 ·
Well guys i just went on leave ( army time off if you didnt know) and i decided to go ahead and paint my grille. I want to go with the sport look so i also ordered a sport front bumper thats on its way, but thats another thread.
SOOO. heres how my day went.. Went down to Shucks/Orileys and picked up some paint supplies. Adhesion promoter, primer, paint and clear.

Enough talk heres the pics.

supplies

Going to the dentist to get her grill fixed lol.

preping, i had to move the project inside the house because it was too cold, and the paint didnt want to stick and almost started to run, the wife was SUPER HAPPY about this idea lol.

primered up, i used 2 coats of adhesion promoter, and 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of paint, then 3 coats of clear

Cutting to the end since the middle is pretty much the same.

Waiting till the morning to install it and take pics. if it didnt get dark at 5 i would have been done already.

See less See more
#32 ·
After reading your thread on painting your grill I had the fever. My problem was the chrome on my grill has a wrinkle. While I was at the dealership getting a few things fixed they missed before I bopught it, I saw a red grill and bug deflector set taken from a truck whose owner wanted chrome. It was labled 00-02 $100. But it wasn't for a 00-02 truck, (01 and 02 had different grills anyway) it was from an 06-08 so I bought it. I stopped by a friends body shop to see about getting it shot and he was doing a white 05 in one of his bays. He said he'd shoot it for me. I'm pumped!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.