DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1998 Ram Pin Stripes

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  defiant 
#1 ·
Anyone know a good place to get the pinstripes for the 2-tone trucks? And also how wide it is? I forgot to measure it. My truck is at the body shop now getting the upper green color re-painted. Need the stripe that seperates the green and silver paint.

It does not have to be green and silver like what I have now. I was thinking grey and silver or black and silver will look fine.

Any ideas??

-Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
Ask the body shop where they buy their paint/supplies locally, and go by there. Almost all these stores have a pretty large selection of pinstripe tape, and even autozone will have a few rolls. The size, and color will be up to you, it's your truck. When applying though tear off the backing for the first inch to start your line at the front fender, use you right hand to lay down the tape as far away from the front as you can reach, and then remove the rest of the backing up to a foot away from your right hand, and continue the process until you reach the back. Put the tape over the door/body gaps, and cut the gaps with a razor later after your done. Just keep your arms stretched wide, so if it's not perfectly straight, it will be much harder to tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.