DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dodge Ram Lift/Tire Setup Thread

753K views 789 replies 224 participants last post by  Stoneco 
#1 ·
Ok so here are the rules:

This is the place to post a pic of your truck with a lift or other than stock tires and wheels.

1) Two pictures per setup

2) Please list lift height/brand, wheel size/backspacing/brand, tire size/brand, any rubbing yes or no.

3) Pictures should be of your rig preferably from the side and on a level surface.

This will help people in choosing where they want their Ram's to be, and to avoid future "what will my truck look like with XX" of lift and XX" tires threads.

Leave questions and Comments for the talk section. If you need to comment or ask questions please PM, or reference the post number in this thread, in a separate thread.

Lets get this thread going and hopefully we can get the mods to sticky it for us!

#75 ·
i want to lift mine:(
-what does a lift like big horns get for mpg? is it horrible? im also curious if it makes the truck go down the road bad or shakey or anything, and if you have to do anything else to your truck if you go with a 6" like drive shaft angles or something?
- i would like to do the 6" inch bds with 37" tires and 20" wheels. but i dont understand if people are putting the bilsteins only up front or all the way around? or is it a spacer in the rear? or nothing at all besides the lift kit?

#77 · (Edited)
My 2009 Big Horn 2wd

1st got it

New tires 305/55r20 Zeon LTZ, has a little rubbing

Daystar 1.5" 2wd Level kit, less rub but still at full lock.

#79 ·
Got it fixed their all cell pics. Buying new rims to fix the rub. Just trying to find the right offset and backspacing. I hate spacers

#80 ·
Wow!
Looks good!

Regarding wheels and rubbing.
Deepending on the rim you choose (providing you're reusing those tires) the typical offsets are +18 (close to,stock and you'll probably rub), 0 offset/5 bs (if little rubbing, this may do it) or -12 offset/4.5 bs ( this will stick out of your fender probably 1.5-2"
Some like the look and some don't and will add flares.

I'm looking for 0 offset wheel myself but if I can't find it with the wheel I want, then it will be -12 and OE mopar flares. Either options, I'll run the flares

#81 ·
Only slight rubbing but i fixed this problem real easy.

#89 ·
Here's my setup on my new Ram 2500. I have the 5 inch Rough Country lift, 20x9 KMC XD Spys with 4.5 inches of backspacing and 355/60-20 (37x14.00) Nitto Terra Grapplers. Due to the width of my tires, I had some minor rubbing on my plastic wheelwell liners and splash guard. I did some minor trimming on the OEM splash guard and used a plastic zip tie to pull the wheelwell liners back about 3/8 of an inch.

#95 ·
Yeah, I've found a seller on EBay that sells a lot of OEM flares. Apparantly it's a large dealership that does a lot of conversions and replaces OEM flares with aftermarket ones. Just need to find a set of white ones. He has a few sets now for about $250, which I think is an awesome deal.
So, the Ram 1500 and 2500 flares are the same?

#103 ·
need help with offset

Hey how's it going guys, a little new to the forum, so I'm doing a 6" rcx lift with 37" nitto terra grapplers, which they say are 1"-1.5" wider then the trail grapples, my question is can I get away with a -12 offset or do I need a -24 and how far does the -24 stick out past the fenders? I'm also doing the bilstein 5100, s

#104 · (Edited)
Hey how's it going guys, a little new to the forum, so I'm doing a 6" rcx lift with 37" nitto terra grapplers, which they say are 1"-1.5" wider then the trail grapples, my question is can I get away with a -12 offset or do I need a -24 and how far does the -24 stick out past the fenders? I'm also doing the bilstein 5100, s
You will be ok!
What is your rim width and size?

I have a 20x9, 0 offset with 37 Trail Grapplers and mine is 1" away from the A arm
But I wanted it tucked more.
-12 will prob give you the same clearance as mine as the Terra's, which are wider (slightly) as you stated

#107 ·
Wheels will fit for sure.
Many have ran that width of rim with 13.5 Toyo MT's and those have side teeth and are 14" wide.
So wheels will not be an issue.

You mentioned lifting though... with the 6" RCX kit.
That is the exact same kit I had installed this week. actually 2 days ago ;)

Im guessing you are talking about the Bilstein 5100's for the rear? They wont work. They will only work on a Bilstein leveling but not a lift plus Bilstein in the front.
The shocks are too short...

I too bought the 5100's and will be returning them. Returning the rears that is.
Run the 2.2 shocks that come with it and if you don't like it or when it wears down, switch to the Bilstein 5125 for a longer length. They have one that is 14" in length and that is what you need.

#113 ·
Correct!
The 5100's can be adjusted up to 2.8 (increments of 0, 0.7, 1.4, 2.1 and 2.8) the rear 5100 cannot be extended....but it can accommodate a 1" spacer and will allow for a 1" longer throw

5125 is a longer shock and they have sizes depending on your requirement

IMO, stick with the 2.2 shock that the kit comes with and run the Bilstein 5100 up front and adjust as you want

Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.