DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2011 Dodge Red Ram Sport

25K views 184 replies 19 participants last post by  10hemi 
#1 ·
Ok I’m a little late on this seeing as I bought the truck just over a year ago, but I’ve been moding and making it "mine" since it rolled off the lot here’s a list of what I’ve done to date and what i plan on doing. all with pictures... everyone loves pictures.

What I’ve done so far:
2.5” day star levelling
35x11.5R20 BFG A/T
Rino bed liner
Spray on under coating
K&N intake
Fiberglas sub box for 12” kicker with 1200 watt RMS Rockford amp
Flow master 40 series
Tool box
HID conversion 10,000K (low beam & fog)
Painted calipers (colour matched)
1.5” wheel spacer
3” PA body lift
35x12.5R20 Toyo open country M/T (1.5” spacers off)
20” Moto Metal 961 (red inserts)

And what needs doing:
¼” wheel spacer
Window tint
Fender flares (stock look)
Y pipe
Paint things here n there
Smoke tail lights
Prerunner light bar

… other things also come up partly what I started the thread, for ideas
Tell me what you think

The day I bought it, out with the old in with the new

Levelled out with the 35” BFG’s

Wheel spacers on

painted the calipers theres over spray on the rotor dont worry i painted the rotor black

heres the K&N intake i know youve all seen this before but here it is again

heres the begning of the sub box this was the only fleece i had around at the time

hered the box in place and with the grill to protect the sub

headlights not the best showing during the day

heres some body lift instal

still think this is really sketchy way to lift the body but its what they said in the instructions

New wheels i went with the red inserts

and heres how it looks now

See less See more
Reactions: BlackHemI
#33 ·
yeah i know the step by step pictures may annoy some people but when i look online on how to do somthing this is exactly i look for so i thought i could help some people out and anwser some questions.

thanks about the car to bad its only a 6 month a year car up here in canada lol

#34 ·
little more time today decided to do the back badge nothing special. short rundown on how it went. I wasn’t sure how it came off so I just investaged myself
first I took the opening of the tail gate off with a #3 torx bit but as you see by the pictures I cant really get it out by then and barley get my hand in there.

I couldn’t get it from the inside so my only option was to get it from the outside so I got some dental floss to cut the glue behind the emblem that kept breaking so I got some fishing line which also was breaking so I had to get a stronger fishing line which worked until I could get a corner up then I just pried with 2 small flat heads and cut behind once I started that it was easy

then it was off

I did the exact same prep as everything else then painted it. for those who don’t know what the difference between flat black and satin black is here’s a comparison of the two
Flat left satin right

I’m not sure what I’m going to do with the rest of the badges on the truck any ideas?

#37 ·
will do

and ive decided on satin it looks to good to pass up. i want to make sure it dosent chip or scratch easily. anyone have any ideas? ive put about 5 coats on everything.

#38 ·
Not sure I don't think you would need to go anymore coats on it. Really I just want to see pics of it on your truck now :LOL: Have you considered a clear coat on it but then I guess that would take a bit of the satin effect away.

#39 ·
I'm pretty sure you can get a satin clear coat but ill have to look into it. Believe me I want to put it together too. But imma wait and make sure it's dry n ready.

#41 ·
im still not sure what i want to do with the rest of the badges RAM, hemi,4x4 etc if any one has a before and after picture with them being taken off that would really help.
also just making sure theres no holes behind any of these right?

#43 ·
looks better with you black IMO
ive been thing about taking mine off too. i see lots a people take everything off except for the hemi badge i dont get that

#47 ·
haha i would say remove all of them. it definitely makes the truck look a lot cleaner, no matter the color.

#52 ·
No there not on yet the back one the paint crinkled a lil so I have to sand it Down and paint it. Pretty choked it will have pictures posted within 15 minutes of having them put on believe me lol just out getting supply's to take the emblems off now. Pictures to come.

#54 ·
What I’ve done so far:
2.5” day star levelling
35x11.5R20 BFG A/T
Levelled out with the 35” BFG’s
Gorgeous truck! Of course I'm a bit bias with that comment .. lol

I'm interested to know if this picture above is when you had the factory rims and only the 2.5" lift on it? Any rubbing issues with those BFG? Did the tires stick out much past the fenders? Any more pics available from before you added the body lift?

I'm looking to level my truck in the front with a Mopar 2" kit and add 35" BFG tires to the stock rims (for now). Yours is the closest example I could find on here after reading hundreds of threads.

Again, you have a great truck, thanks for the pics and the detailed instructions!!

#55 ·
Gorgeous truck! Of course I'm a bit bias with that comment .. lol

I'm interested to know if this picture above is when you had the factory rims and only the 2.5" lift on it? Any rubbing issues with those BFG? Did the tires stick out much past the fenders? Any more pics available from before you added the body lift?

I'm looking to level my truck in the front with a Mopar 2" kit and add 35" BFG tires to the stock rims (for now). Yours is the closest example I could find on here after reading hundreds of threads.

Again, you have a great truck, thanks for the pics and the detailed instructions!!
sorry it took a while to get back been busy the picture above is just the 2.5" level kit and the bfgs on stoct rims with zero rubbing and they were flush with the body. ive looked around and here are the pictures before the body lift. hope this helps.

#57 ·
I know its been a while but theres more progress to update you all on. first of all id like to let you all know i hate painting with a passion, thats why the updates taken a while i hade to sand blast the eblmems and repaint both of them:doh:.
here it goes new on the truck painted billet grill ram head on grill and tail gate very other badge on the truck removed and piller tape taken off. just little tings

ill pick up where i last left, grill and emblems are both now finish painted everything was given 6-7 coats of satin black paint

grill before paint

grill after paint, i love the black turned out better then i thought

heres the tail gate sorry no before n after

as you noticed the front ram head is missing im letting it dry till monday and then i will upload a photo of the finished front end

and now its fully debadged the only chome left (for now) is thye exhaust tips.
this if the video that i used to do it. everything wiorked perfectly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5saNP7cdFck
heres what i used

heres after i the fishing line too off the chrome. i used a 60 pound test line was perfect i kept breaking the 20 pound. btw the heat gun helps i guess but is not needed the line takes them off real easy

and after this stage i just kept applying the addhesave remover and using the WOOD scraper and rad to get all the glue off.
tail gate also had a sticker from where i bought it, heat gun took care of that in seconds

and there all off, i personaly dont know why people leave the hemi badge on that would be the first one i would take off but to each is own. and i took them all off

i didnt get any pictures while taking the piller tape off but its the easiest this you could do takes about 7 minutes a side heat gut 4 lille screws and its off. im not sure how i like it with the tape off i almost regret doing it but its to late now.

before you check out the finish truck, if you do plan to do this to your truck heres my tips.
1: clean everything around the emblems real good saves time in the end
2: follow the instructions on th paint can to the letter espically the time you should apply a new coat
3: use a scotch sanding pad not sand paper
4: use fishing life you cant break with your hands
5: use lot n lots of the adhiseve remover, makes it easier and its cheep

heres the finish product minus the front emblem to be put on in a day or two

i think i need some red paint in here?

#58 ·
Looks fantastic! That black grille compliments your wheel package nicely. I'm one that likes the blacked out pillar, but that looks good too.

Thanks for answering my questions, appreciated.

Can't wait to see your next modification.

#59 ·
I'm one that likes the blacked out pillar, but that looks good too.

QUOTE]

yeah i think i may have liked that black tape on there espically when i tint the front window. but i cant do anyting about it now.

#62 ·
truck looks awesome!! You should also make your chrome exhaust tip black as well :smileup:

#64 ·
it looks good. it completely gets rid of chrome lol which is a great thing

#66 ·
yea. i did it to my truck. i have the stock exhaust still so its nothing special. but the black looks alot better than the crappy steel did. plus it helped complete my black and red theme. ill have more pics up on my build thread soon i have a few up now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.