DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2004 Ram 1500 2WD Leveling Kit ????????

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Thetolleyman 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 1.5" Daystar Coil Spring Isolater Leveling Kit. Before I install it I am curious if it will raise the front end more than actually 1.5"??? I actually need about 3" to level the front fenderwell with the rear fenderwell. I was going to purchase a 2" kit but I read a lot on the internet that you need to get new longer shocks.. I am trying to accomplish the leveling on the cheapest budget I can as I am not sure how long I will actually hold on to this truck before I get a newer one, I just cant stand the excessive rake in the front end of this thing...:4-looney:

#2 ·
Although I have a 2007, I had issues with my 1.5" and like always, I posted a thread and received no help as usual on this forum so I'll try to give you an idea of what it looks like on the 2007. My shocks were maxed out with the 1.5 yet my springs were seated perfectly in their factory grooves.
The first picture is the before and the second one is the after.

Attachments

#3 ·
I installed a 2.5" daystar leveling kit a couple years ago. Kind of hard to find now, I think 2" is the tallest Daystar I've seen lately. Anyway, had to remove springs to get the spacers in, a bit more trouble than I expected. I took before and after measurements and looks like I got exactly 3" out of it, measured under front license plate. I ran it for a while with the stock shocks and found that it bottomed out the shocks on occasion, so I installed shock stud extenders that made the shock mount about 1" longer, greatly improved my ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.