DODGE RAM FORUM banner

another drop/tire size question

666 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  RAM EM 
#1 ·
i have a reg cab 2012 express I am going to lower it with mcgaughys 2/4 kit and will cut another ring to go with the 3/5 stance

anyone know if my stock 275/60/20 tires will work with this much of a drop? also I plan on going with 22" srt wheels in the future, what size tire will I need to fit the srt's without rubbing?????

and last but not least where is the cheapest place to get this kit from?:4-dontknow:

#2 ·
Well if you really want to lower a pickup... I sincerely doubt you could fit 275s with a 3-inch front drop. Easiest way to find out would be to stick a ruler next to the wheel well. And if you put 22-inch rims on, use whatever size tires that fit so long as they are r22. It won't make a difference what size the rim is if the overall diameter is the same. As for the price, google it. I can't help ya, I like my trucks ridin' high ;)

#3 ·
The stock tires will most likely rub. They rub a little on trucks that have a 2/4 drop, unless you set up the bumpstops to prevent it. You'll want to get a tire in the 31"-32" range to eliminate any chance of rubbing. As for price, check summit, jeg's, or ebay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.