DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2013 Air Suspension Override

6K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Klingfuss 
#1 ·
Has anyone out there devised a way to keep the truck from lowering itself or is this just a pipe dream?

I'm sure someone could make a nice chunk of change if they designed something to prevent it. :thk:

Just wishful thinking I guess.. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#2 · (Edited)
By lowering itself do you mean the Aero mode on the highway or the self leveling feature when it detects weight in the bed? Aero mode can be turned off but I don't recall hearing about a way to defeat the auto leveling.

I also have heard of no way to keep it from lowering itself from the off-road modes once you pass a certain speed.

Someone posted something on here awhile back about a company working on a solution for this but I never heard more about it.

#5 ·
If you are asking about using the system to give you a permanent 2inch lift no.... you are better off going lvling kit. Air suspension was not meant for this also the ride gets spongy at the offroad 2 height wouldnit want to be traveling down road and have a panic manuver.

#6 ·
I have no problems with the height lowering at greater speeds (off road 2 -> 1, 1-> normal, and aero) I just wish they could default back to at least Off-road 1 and I think that is something completely feasible because you're not overriding any safety features you're just saving yourself hitting the button every time.

That all said, have the Jeep guys got something? If they don't by now we'll probably be waiting a while, if we get something at all.

#11 ·
Measured my 2014 and the front is exactly 2" lower than the rear at all settings. Just raising the fornt 1.5" would help the looks of the truck a bunch. It's not about MPG, it's about looking like a truck :)

If someone finds someone that can level these please post it, I will do the same.

#13 ·
I'm not sure how you're measuring the height difference but I'm assuming that you're measuring from the top of the front and rear fenders. I just measured mine with air suspension set to entry mode and found the front is 2.25 " lower than the rear. I'll have to wait until some other time to measure it in normal mode but I've never really noticed by looking at it from a distance it looking like it has too much of a rake. It has always looked fine to me. It might sit more level in normal height mode since in entry mode it is sitting on the rubber bump stops.

#15 ·
I believe that there is difference between front/rear. I will attempt to look for the literature I was reading a few weeks ago from RAM. I ordered the brochure and in it they describe the system, and included a bunch of measurement for both the front and the rear. They def move independent of one another, i.e.- it's marketed as say a 2" drop for entry/exit, well in fact the rear drops X.X and the front only X.X. I don't recall all the numbers now, but I was surprised how specifically different they were. I look and try snapping a pic, unless someone else finds theirs first.

#18 ·
The only time the suspension should rest on the rubber stop is when the air suspension is placed in entry position. It will auto level itself a few minutes after shutting it off but that's it. Mine has sat in the garage for 2 weeks without the suspension bleeding down. I did have an occurrence a week after I got it where it lowered from off-road 2 to entry height while I was underneath taking pictures. I never did figure out why that happened and it hasn't moved on it's own since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.