DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Thinking of not taking delivery of my ram!

4K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  RyanJM 
#1 ·
Would like everyones input on my potential truck. Signed papers on it yesterday afternoon, and feeling jipped by my dealer. I have yet to take delivery since the papers were overnighted to my cosigner. Anyways I had a 2012 ecoboost, which was becoming problematic and getting poor mpg. owed 22,800 on ecoboost they offered 25,500 for the trade in value at RAM. That left me with 2,700 of equity. The truck comes with the following:
2013 RAM BIGHORN 1500
5.7L V8, 8SPEED TRANNY, 3.55 GEARS
PREM BUCKET SEATS 26Z PACKAGE
ANTI SPIN DIFF
UCONNECT 8.4
RAM BOXES
TRAILER BREAK CONTROL
BED LINER
CHROME TUBE STEP BOARDS
60R20 ALL SEASON TIRES
ADDING LEATHER FOR 1,400
MSRP WITH LEATHER IS 40,070 BEFORE 38,670
TTL WAS AT 34,400 WALKED OUT WITH GAP INS AND TOTAL WAS 35.

FEELING LIKE FOR THAT PRICE I COULD HAVE DONE BETTER? SHOULD I TAKE DELIVERY

See less See more
#4 ·
TTL is non negotiable and shouldn't be considered in the negotiated price for the truck imo, you have to pay it no matter what. So if you drop that off you are closer to 9k off msrp. If you dropped the gap you will be near 10k.

Sounds like a pretty decent deal to me especially since you got the Rambox, they seem to be pretty hard to find.

#7 ·
Yall are giving me peace of mind, im in a big horn loaner quad cab now. And the ram boxes are nice. I'll be missing the rear view camera, powered mirrors, and remote start however ;(
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me also but if you're going to miss the above, then why not get those instead of settling for the truck you listed?

I turned down a lot truck because it didn't have the Alpine stereo and back up camera so they ended up ordering me one in the long run.
I bickered, cried etc but they caved and I got it for just the cost of those items, no inflated price.

#8 ·
GAP is a scam and after my first car I've never bought it again. If they want to throw it in for free take it, but anything the "finance" guy try's to sell you after you've negotiated for the vehicle should be avoided! i.e. gap, tire ins., extended warranties etc....

#10 ·
If you think GAP is a scam then you don't know what GAP is. GAP will cover the difference between what you owe and what the insurance will pay for a total write off. It can be one of the best insurances you can purchase.
GAP may not be for everybody. If you are financing most of the purchase or if you think the value of truck of the truck (anytime during the finance period) is less than what you owe, then GAP is for you. If for whatever reason the truck is written off and you owe more more than the insurance company will pay then you are on the hook for the balance and if the bank finds out the truck is totaled then they will demand the difference now. This amount could easily be several thousand to many thousand dollars.
And talking about insurance companies, in the last 10 years they have been paying less and less for write offs. They will use whatever valuation is the lowest at the time and no matter how much talking you do with them they will not increase the pay out.
You will normally pay around $600.00 for GAP but I have paid as low as $299.00 from the credit union I financed my last truck through. And that may be an option, if the dealer wants more that $600, talk to your bank and see if they offer it.
I had GAP on the last 2 trucks because I financed most of the vehicle. I do not have GAP on this truck because I put a substantial amount down.
GAP is a great investment if purchased for the right reasons.

#26 · (Edited)
Sorry, but I know exactly what GAP is and it's covered under my auto policy for a fraction of what the sheisters at the dealer want for it. So it's you that doesn't know what they are talking about. To the other twits that attacked me, maybe you should "STFU" until you've had a talk your auto policy supplier.

#13 ·
As far as GAP goes i know it all to well and found out the hard way. Totaled my new car and didn't have gap for difference. Long story short I've had a judgment on my credit report the last 6 years. When i bought the f150 i didn't buy gap bc I had 15k trade in. No need, I would never be upside down. I did purchase gap on the RAM because of only being 5k under msrp.

Anyone that would like to chime in on their opinion of paint color? Curious what bright white owners are saying? To dirty to fast, hard to clean?

#19 · (Edited)

RawRamz, I think you have been reading what others have paid for their trucks and comparing their deal to yours. I'll tell you that sooooo many of these folks who paid multiple thousands under msrp or invoice qualified for rebates and incentives that were not available on my truck or in my geographical area. This may be true for you as well.

Your deal blows mine away. I just picked up my new truck 3 days ago. I could not get anyone to sell me a RAM for the low price some others on this forum are paying.

Your deal sounds great. Take delivery, and then drive it like you stole it!

#22 ·
Would like everyones input on my potential truck. Signed papers on it yesterday afternoon, and feeling jipped by my dealer. I have yet to take delivery since the papers were overnighted to my cosigner. Anyways I had a 2012 ecoboost, which was becoming problematic and getting poor mpg. owed 22,800 on ecoboost they offered 25,500 for the trade in value at RAM. That left me with 2,700 of equity. The truck comes with the following:
2013 RAM BIGHORN 1500
5.7L V8, 8SPEED TRANNY, 3.55 GEARS
PREM BUCKET SEATS 26Z PACKAGE
ANTI SPIN DIFF
UCONNECT 8.4
RAM BOXES
TRAILER BREAK CONTROL
BED LINER
CHROME TUBE STEP BOARDS
60R20 ALL SEASON TIRES
ADDING LEATHER FOR 1,400
MSRP WITH LEATHER IS 40,070 BEFORE 38,670
TTL WAS AT 34,400 WALKED OUT WITH GAP INS AND TOTAL WAS 35.

It is probalby too late but bought the exact same truck, minus the steps and leather and paid $33,200 plus TTL, the sticker was $44k.

#23 ·
I think you made a better decision because leather in Texas sucks in this heat. Steps you can always get better aftermarket. Just my two cents and big congratulations bud!

#29 ·
That's not bad my Sticker was $43k on my lone star which is a TX big horn. I didn't get the leather but most of the toys and paid $35 with a few aftermarket mods like a level and tint thrown in. Was a lot better than what my friend pains for his xlt f150 4x4 with less options and no where near as sexy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.