DODGE RAM FORUM banner

tilt steering....

1K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  saunders1986 
#1 ·
when i try to tilt my stearing wheel, it will only lock in 2 places, all the way up, or all the way down, if i try to place it in the middle, if i put normal force on it, it will move..... kinda making a grinding noise.... am i doing something wrong??? i dont want to look stupid when i go to the dealer

G
#2 ·
Pull the lever forward towards the steering wheel to unlock the column and hold the lever. With one hand firmly on the wheel, move the wheel up and down as desired. Once in position, release the lever to lock the steering column in place at the desired position.

If it does not lock in place, it has a problem and the dealer should address it under warranty.

#5 ·
i sure will, i havent even had this truck a week yet and im having issues..... i think the horn is blown 2..... sounds aweful like its about to go... also found a yellow sticker in my door jam, says "quality" with an arrow pointing to what looks like a major run in the paint.... and the rear view mirror seams to have what looks like a non reflective spot in the corner....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.