DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Help With Diablo Sport Predator

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  dylzsrt 
#1 ·
Just added a Diablo Sport Predator to my Hemi. The tuner has different programs named by the octane of the fuel to be used. I went with the 93 octane, and it gave it a lot of takeoff, and it runs great. Then I went back into the tuner and changed my top speed to 120 and turned off that damn MDS. It has even more adjustments but I'm not smart enough to know what.
"Cooling Fans AC On or Off"
"Idle RPM AC On or Off"
"Part Throttle Upshift at 15% or 25% or 33% or 40% or 60%"
"1-2 RPM Upshift 5600 to 6200 rpm"
"Rev Limiter in Drive"
"Rev Limiter in Neutral"
"Throttle Sensitivity"
"WOT Fuel 1K-3.8K or 4K-4.8K or 5K-7K"
"WOT MBT Spark 1K-3.8K or 4K-4.8K or 5K-7K"
or "WOT Spark 1K-3.8 or 4K-4.8K or 5K-7K"
I know this is a long winding thread but I know there is a lot of knowledge on this forum and if anyone can help, it would really help me. Thanks

#2 ·
I am no guru on the predator for the Ram but do have one for my SRT8. On the SRT8's your better off running the 91 octane tune 9 times out of 10...even if you are running 93 gas. You get less knock retard running the 91 tune. Don't mess with any of the other stuff for now, until someone who's messed around a bunch can chime in. The canned tunes are good, alot of the other stuff involves having done more modifications. You can bump your rev limiter up a bit in drive if you want....don't bother with neutral. Run happily with the 91 or 93 canned tune for now.

#3 ·
dont mess with spark or fuel advance. thats unless you really know what you're doing with that, and by reading your post you said you dont. i didnt mess with mine at all.

throttle sensitivity is how "touchy" the go pedal is. my throttle sensitivity is set to 15%. i like it to go when i just touch it.

i got my 1-2 upshift at 5800 and my other upshifts at 5600.

turn rev limiter in drive all the way up.

the rev limiter in neutral wont let you do over 4k rpm stock. i see no reason to up that.

i also did not mess with the cooling fan settings.

i run the 93 tune and it does good.

#5 ·
Couple questions for ya, as I'm gonna be getting my predator shortly. What is the throttle sensitivitiy stock....is it at 0 on the predator and you go up in increments? What is the factory 1-2 shift point and the others set at?
I switched out my factory 265/70/17 tires, for 285/70/17's, does it have that setting for 285's?
Thanks

#4 ·
Thanks dylzsrt and cbrambo497, I was mainly trying not to screw up my truck. I got the predator for Christmas and after reading about a guy on the forum paying $5000 for a new transmission, I took mine back to the dealership to have it installed (trying not to kill my warranty). The dealer laughed and told me to save my money and put it in my self, and just take it out before I bring it back to the shop and he would never look or care if it had a programmer in it. So I did what he said. After installing and posting questions on the forum I called DiabloSport and told him what I had and what I've done. He explained everything I didn't understand and said the only thing I need to do was change out my thermostat to a 180 degree and adjust it in the program under the "Cooling Fan" and he said I would be done. Thanks again for y'alls help

#6 ·
I'm running the 93 tune with 93 gas..it's better to stay with the fuel you have a tune for. my throttle response is at 15% as well, up on the top speed. Didn't mess with shift points as I feel a valve body should be done before tinkering with shift points, JMO.

#7 ·
I'll debate the fuel thing with you.Things may be different with the 5.7 but due to different quality in different gasolines...all fuels are not made equal.
Tons of dyno runs and data logs on the srt8's have proven the 93 tune often shows more knock retard and a loss of power over the 91 tune with 93 gas

#8 ·
Hi dylzsrt, what Mr. DiabloSport explained to me was that your stock sitting for throttle sensitivity is "0" and the "+15%" is 15% over stock and would make it jump a little quicker. I haven't yet but from what he said I'll up mine to +15% next time I play with it, and their is a adjustment for tire size I clicked on it and it gave a place to enter tire size "___ /__ /__" so I'm sure it will do what you need. Hope this helps, Thanks for your response.

#9 ·
After talking to Mr. DiabloSport he said if you get knock retard to drop back to the 91 tune and run 93 octane and wallah, no more knock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.