DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2013 Ram 2500 Braking

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  brandonjansen 
#1 ·
Hello all. Just got a new 2013 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman (now have around 800 miles on it) to replace my old 2003 Ram 2500 SLT (only 16500 miles).

Love the truck. It has lots of extras, that I probably don't need, but it came with it.

My only issue is the brakes. It feels like I am driving a truck with brakes that are 10 years old, not like a new vehicle's brakes should feel like. They are far from "touchy" and I have to press very hard on the pedal to get it to stop, and then I fear that it won't stop. This is mostly from speeds starting at 55 MPH and up to slow down from. My 2003 brakes were nothing like this and worked great (even after they were replaced 7 years in). Actually I don't think I have ever owned a new vehicle that I am this uncomfortable with as far as brakes go.

I have had my dealer look at it and they said they work fine and as they should. I am not at all comfortable with them. I have told them they need to check them again and I want to drive a different vehicle to compare it to.

Any one else having issues like this?

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a 2012 3500 and my brakes definitely work great. I find that they are more responsive and touchy than my 2012 1500 was. However, there's probably a different power assist system on mine since I have a Cummins and you have a Hemi.

I would definitely test drive a few other trucks at your dealership or surrounding dealerships to be able to get a feel for them as well. Find out of they're the same as yours or not. If they are, then obviously that's just how they're supposed to be, but if not then you know your answer and you can go back to your dealership with that information. It will be on them to make sure it's fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.