DODGE RAM FORUM banner

what will or wont void warranty

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  gcpoc15004x4 
#1 ·
i'm looking at lifting my 2010 1500 4x4 but dont want to void factory warranty. anyone have any suggestions or insight on what i need to do?? thanks for the help

#2 ·
If you are seriously worried. You can opt for the 4inch Mopar lift and have the dealer install it. This lift is approved by Mopar and if installed by them it could not void a single part of your warranty.

Keep in mind this lift is way more expensive and all it is, is a Superlift with a big Mopar sticker on it.

Your dealership cannot void your warranty, unless they determine that the particular part you installed specifically caused the failure. Also certain parts will no longer be covered by the dealership such as the replaced components shocks and such.

Some dealerships will want to void your warranty for sneezing in the truck, but if you maintain your position and know your rights you will be fine. If for example your electrical system gets fried they cannot blame your lift and such.

I am thinking about the superlift as well or BDS, but I may be able to pawn the Superlift as a Mopar accessory.

#4 ·
A lot depends on your dealer, but generally speaking your warranty will remain in effect of you lift your truck with the exception of the aftermarket parts... i.e. if one of the brackets that comes with your kit cracks Dodge won't replace it for free. You'd need to get the part from the kit maker, then pay Dodge to install it.

#5 ·
from the site mentioned above on warranties

warranties don’t cover any part that was
not on your vehicle when it left the manufacturing
plant or is not certified for use on your vehicle. Nor
do they cover the costs of any repairs or adjustments
that might be caused or needed because of the
installation or use of non-Chrysler parts, components,
equipment, materials, or additives.
Performance or racing parts are considered to be
non-Chrysler parts. Repairs or adjustments caused
by their use are not covered under your warranties

#6 ·
thanks, i hope to have something installed by the first of next month.. i will probably just go with the 4" superlift, i dont see paying the extra for the same kit. my dealer still hasnt called me back about the 4" mopar lift and effect it will have on the warranty. i'll just do the mod myself.. will post pics when done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.