DODGE RAM FORUM banner

150 shot of nitrous

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  chefred112 
#1 ·
hey guys new to this forum....
I have just ordered myself a nitrous kit and was wondering what peoples thoughts are on this subject. and if people might have already done this to there ram

#3 ·
I hope you ordered a wet kit. Running a 150 shot needs to have a lot of effort put into the engine build before you can just hit the button and go. 100 is considered the top end of a "safe shot" with 125 being the limit on a stock rotating assembly. Either way, you really need to work up to the larger shots so you can map your AFR accurately to ensure you don't go stoichiometric at WOT and pop the top of your piston.

To do big shots with relative safety you need to get 2-3 stage colder plugs, pull 4-8 degrees of timing from STOCK, run high octane fuel (highest available), and monitor your A/F ratio very carefully.

You really need to have a look through the nitrous forum on here to get a gauge of what you need to do to run nitrous safely. We don't condone the "spray it 'til you break it" mentality of the former decade.

#4 ·
#7 ·
...stock bottom end with over 234k miles

step colder ngk 4306 spark plugs, 180 tstat, cai, cam, heads, headers, cutouts, cat deletes, exhaust, and a big smile whenever i drive her :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.