DODGE RAM FORUM banner

pulling to the right....

5K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  ph3nom3non03 
G
#1 ·
I have an 05 quad 4x4 hemi. Stock tires. It has been pulling to the right quite a bit. I got the alignment done and he said it still pulls. It sure does. About the same as before the alignment. He suggested it was a bad tire perhaps. I was under the truck yesterday and noticed the torsion bars were set different, meaning the bolts to tighten them were at different depths, quite noticeable. one was somewhat flush, the other was out just over an inch. Could this be the reason that it pulls? Pulls to the right and the right torsion bar bolt is the one that is out more.... any suggestions? I wanna get it fixed cause I'm tired of holding the steering wheel almost a 45 degree angle to compensate.

Thanks guys!
Matt

G
#2 ·
Wow, Matt. That does not sound right at all! I would think they would be pretty even. I think you are on to something here.

I'd go get it checked out. By someone who knows what they are doing. That first shop didn't go any farther than the front wheels it sounds like. That's pretty poor work.

G
#3 ·
actually they did a four wheel alignment. They stated that it is a tire. How true could that be? One tire making the truck steer to the right? Well I will get the 22"s on and see if it still pulls. If so, then I will be thinking its the torsion bars. I will keep you posted. Thanks for your help bro!

#4 ·
ok touching up on your alignment issue it is true that one tire can do all the pulling try rotating around your tires like if it pulls to the right try swapping the left front for the right front see if it starts pulling left afterwards but as for the torsion bar issue it can make a big difference its your ride height adjustment and will offset your camber and caster and will effect the toe of the vehicle >>> i work for a firestone and we have whats called lifetime alignments its like 150 bucks and you can bring it in as much as you need to get it right but correct if im wrong are you sure it has torsion bars im kinda trying to picture the frontend on the newer rams i think those are all spring and control arm setup kinda like a strut and i know that the 2500's have a straight axle with almost the same setup as the old rams get the alignment taken care of and try swapping those tires and let us know what you came up with........;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.