DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Yet Another Exhaust Question....

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  chefred112 
#1 ·
I would like to find an exhaust that sounds loader than the stock duals but without the in cab noise. I have a 3 year old daughter, who didn't like how loud the in-cab noise was on my 05 QC. I had Flomaster 40 series (I think) on it and to me wasn't loud in the cab, but to my wife and child, it was.

So does anyone know what to install to give a good rumble that isn't loud in the cab???

#3 ·
Thanks! Any particular part #?

#4 ·
Cat-Back or does it replace the stock coffe can?

#5 ·
Cat-backs are nice. If you replace just the muffler without doing the whole tailpipe, you won't notice much of an improvement in sound. There is a resonator towards the back that drowns out the drone. If on a super budget, I would replace the muffler, then see about getting new tailpipe(s) bent up for it at the local muffler shop.

I got all excited about just replacing the stock muffler on mine, until research uncovered the resonator dilemma...

#6 ·
I would like to find an exhaust that sounds loader than the stock duals but without the in cab noise. I have a 3 year old daughter, who didn't like how loud the in-cab noise was on my 05 QC. I had Flomaster 40 series (I think) on it and to me wasn't loud in the cab, but to my wife and child, it was.

So does anyone know what to install to give a good rumble that isn't loud in the cab???
Personally, I like the Corsa. It has a nice sound and provides good horsepower without any drone. Plus they have very nice heavy duty polished Stainless Steel tips. They are the same company that makes the exhaust for Mopar, they have the baffles set up a little different for the tone. The tone is almost undistiguishable from the Corsa, the Mopar engineers changed the design of the baffles, and Corsa lazer etches the tips to say Mopar instead of Corsa.
http://www.corsaperf.com/

Corsa is the exhaust I am installing on my Ram. My Challengers also have the Corsa exhaust.

#8 ·
The borla's should be able to give you what your looking for, there's a couple different systems though and you just need to cross check it with your vin #

Borla for 09 Ram Link

the only thing with Corsa is i don't think they have system for the 09+ rams yet?

When I called Corsa, they said it should be available in a couple of weeks - I hope they are right.

#10 ·
I was looking at the Corsa site after seeing 1970 Charger mention it, and the ONLY thing that is stopping me from thinking about purchasing it, is that they only have it as a side exit system, i'm not a fan of that. I prefer the DOR setups.....

#11 ·
find an independent shop..they'll sell you a magnaflow cheaper then what alot of online places sell it for and fab up a whole exhaust system for cheap... I did a di/so magnaflow true dual setup (till the muffler) and had it dumped after axle...waayy quiet in the cab but noticeable to peopl outside...all for $250...

#15 ·
I have a 2005 ram 1500 with a hemi quad cab and all i have on is the cats and a flow master dual outlet i think its a 40 series, and i don't have any pipes coming out of it. it just stops at the muffler. it sounds pretty legit, i was just wondering if i could be loosing horses or mileage with this set up ?

#17 ·
I also need help on this subject. I have a '08 QC. I want to know is there an advantage to having duals after the muffler or is a single 3" pipe just as effective. I do not care if there is 2 pipes or 1 coming out of the back of my truck as long as the end result is the same and the system is not annoyingly loud( I know that is subjective). My local exhaust shop told me they can replace what I have with a 3" Magnaflow and run a new 3" pipe out to the stock location for $190. How load in the cab would this be?

#18 ·
I also need help on this subject. I have a '08 QC. I want to know is there an advantage to having duals after the muffler or is a single 3" pipe just as effective. I do not care if there is 2 pipes or 1 coming out of the back of my truck as long as the end result is the same and the system is not annoyingly loud( I know that is subjective). My local exhaust shop told me they can replace what I have with a 3" Magnaflow and run a new 3" pipe out to the stock location for $190. How load in the cab would this be?
good price by the way, this configuration droned like a mutha in my qc...however, by simply changing the part after the muffler to dumped over axle, all the drone is gone and it is quieter in the cab (go figure since dumped exhaust is usually louder)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.