DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2013 RT Leveling

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  13RT 
#1 ·
I've been doing some research on the forum about lowering. At first at least I just want to level it. However the research I have done on this site suggest the rear is 2 or more inches lower. In acuality I measured mine today and it is only 1 3/8 " higher in back.

Is this unique to the '13. Makes me think all I need to do is trim the rear springs.

Any thoughts ? Unbroken ? Ram Em?

#2 ·
cutting the spring's is one way but not all springs can be cut. the good thing the R/T's can. I like my truck's to have the right stance (sport truck) and the drop kits are cheap enough. you can get 4springs 4shocks and 4bump stops with all the end links from belltech for around $400.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Not sure I want to lower yet. Just want to level. I've spent several hours on the forum researching the kits and may do it at some point.

Really I was just curious about the difference in what I measured vs what everyone is saying.

For only slightly over 1 inch I'll just cut for now.

#4 ·
By the way Chris you have an awesome truck

#10 ·
Thanks bro:smileup:

#6 ·
Thanks Dodgert. Was still considering buying your kit but if it drops 2 inches mine would be higher in front.

#12 ·
#9 ·
I know the 2" 4" kit I have didn't really drop it that much. more like 1 3/4 in front and 3 3/4 in the rear

#11 ·
Yeah I know what you guys are saying. But I just remeasured it to be sure. From the center of the wheel to the fender well center is only 1 3/8 "difference. Maybe it is because it is new and hasn't settled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.