DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Out With The OLD..In With The New...Bumper That Is. PICS INSIDE>>>

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  bransonshemi 
#1 · (Edited)
so as some of you may know i Effed my front bumper while i was out wheeling last week. for those of you who dont, story goes a little something like this. I was going down a trail and here came a lil hill, when going up the hill im staring at the sky so i cant see the trail anymore.....when i come down the other side of the hill i notice that the trail breaks hard right.....too late....CRUNCH....i hit a effing tree stump with my front bumper..vicinity of the driver side fog light.

SO... i just ordered a new bumper....cheap-o off of ebay. i have a buddy thats going to paint it for 100$$.... but i dont know if i need any additional brackets or what not to mount this thing, looks like its just the plastic cover.

Anyone know if i need any additional things to make this complete. here is the link to the ebay page.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-0...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item230c28bbcd

OLD BUMPER

NEW EBAY BUMPER

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm sure if you contacted the seller they should be able to answer all your questions.

#5 ·
ive always been curious about those. is it ALL plastic and just go over your existing bumper and upper valance? or is it actually metal and the valance is molded into it then all primed? because if i dont find a new truck with the sport style bumper i wanted to buy one of these also but had no idea how they actually went on

#6 ·
I'm pretty sure it's a completely different bumper. My dad has it on his truck, and it looks like it has different brackets from the normal one. I'm not for sure, but that's how it seems to me.

It looks like a solid piece of plastic with a chrome overlay piece for that middle bar.

#14 ·
STOLE it for 68$ plus 50 shipping, so 118 total to my door. Not bad eh.

#9 ·
It is a touch different. I am not sure if the brackets are the same or not. The look is definitely different though.

#10 ·
ive talked to a guy who did this a few days ago, yes, what i bought was just the cover, but how it goes on is pretty simple, remove the top plastic part of the slt or regular bumper, remove the fog light holes, and it slides over the chrome metal bumper that you have on the truck already.

#12 ·
that bumper will look sweet painted white and with the grill already done white it will give the truck a nice touch

#15 ·
I was looking at the same bumper, want to get rid of the chrome but decided against it at this time because it would cost $205 to ship it here to Canada. Thay always rip us off with the shipping. I would buy a lot more stuff for the truck if the shipping was reasonable!!!:smiledown:

#16 ·
i believe that you are incorrect about the 2 bumpers,

they are completely different, the plastic bumper has molded foam that goes behind the plastic,
you may be able to see the differences at the bumper section of this web page
http://www.jimsautoparts.com/dodge_truck_parts.html
http://www.jimsautoparts.com/mopar_performance_dodge_truck_magnum_body_parts_&_exterior.htm#rear bumpers & components front bumpers are right at the top of the page, don't click on the QUICK LINKS, just scroll beyond those links

#19 ·
New bumper complete, moved to thread.....(package just arrived)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.