DODGE RAM FORUM banner

need help fast before trip

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  STAINER607 
#1 ·
Ok so its time for tuner. I got 2001 5.9 cummins with manual 5 speed. Which tunerbully dog or smarty?

#3 · (Edited)
Smarty paired with 150 hp injectors & a Super B turbo will put you in the 400 Horsepower range. Also the Smarty can be stacked with other fueling boxes for more Horsepower. So Smarty is the way to go.

#4 ·
Dont do any business with bullydog they lock ecm's all of the time and make more smoke then power. I had a smarty on my 01 ho and i liked it but it didnt even compare to the edge juice with attitude spend an extra $100 and get it hot unlocked for level 6 make sure u get a lift pump to though or else you're going to need an injection pump after a few hundred miles. As far as a turbo the super bee is good but kinda laggy id look at a phatshaft from industrial injection. 150 injectors are great if you dont plan on pulling a trailer, if you do go with something smaller like a 75hp anything higher youre egt's will be pretty high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.