DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rear Backup Camera Angle

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  CHVYKLR 
#1 ·
I have the factory rear backup camera and recently noticed that when in reverse I can see the top right part of the tailgate emblem and everything else still seems the same. I've had the truck since Feb. and haven't really noticed this until now. Has anyone else with the factory camera noticed this also? Just wondering if maybe it has shifted due to constant closing of the tailgate (and no, I don't slam it because I baby my truck). Also, the camera is secured in the housing.

#2 ·
The things we notice !!!
I just ran out to check mine, and sure enough, I can just see the top edge of the tailgate badge! :wow:
These cameras are pretty cool. With all that wide angle, and the image is still completely usable. :smileup:

#4 ·
It's like you said....the camera is mounted pretty solid, so mis-alignment is unlikely. But like any Ram fanatic, every once in a while you 'notice' something, and it makes you wonder. It's time like that, this forum just shines! :4-sunshine:

#5 ·
I have the camera too, but most of the time I can't see what its showing me because it's daylight and I have polarized sunglasses.

I'll have to check mine out to see what I see and get back to you. Mine is only weeks old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.