DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Heartland Modern Mopars Dyno Day

5K views 43 replies 10 participants last post by  RamTex 
#1 · (Edited)
I posted this here cause we dont have a Dyno section yet....Booo!

Going to the dyno with Heartland Modern Mopars this Saturday cant wait. New aditions from my previous runs will be: 93 canned tune, clutch fan removed, and im running either my 17's or one of the members LX wheels cause i dont have tires on my alloys yet. Going to find out today if LX rims fit or not im sure after i post this you guys will shout in dismay "NO...THEY WONT FIT"! Just fyi my last dyno was with my 24's on and they wieghed in a 89lbs apeice so it should be a significant differance. Also its going to be about 50 degrees cooler. Will be some nice vids of the all day event...coming soon.

#2 ·
Sounds like fun! Can't wait to see the results! :smileup:

#3 ·
I was thinking about bringing some bags of ice wrapped in towels to put on the intake manifold during the dyno. Its going to near freezing if not colder outside anyone think this would even matter or make a difference?

#4 ·
I dont think it will make a diffrence, and no LX rims will not fit on Rams 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern

#7 ·
Also If you are in the Omaha/Lincoln area and would like to come to the Dyno or join Heartland Modern Mopars car club just go to our facebook page in the groups section. Just search HearlandModernMopars@facebook.com.

#8 · (Edited)
Ok Folks the verdict is in check these new numbers out. The red lines are from my old dyno, the blue lines are my new dyno numbers. Looking a bit better now...Here is a video of the first run 347.8hp and 361.4tq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLwaqEaJ714

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
I would also like to them side by side along with what the differences is with his tune i was running the canned 93 tune with 3 degrees timing retard at all rpm ranges.

#14 ·

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
Im thinking its still got to be my tune and the little extra i have in drive line length and maybe the loss from my x-fer case. Also hey speed when you do your pulls do you run it in 3rd and at what rpm or mph do you gun it at? Cause if i punch it below 45 mph in third it wants to up shift.

#17 ·
yeah i dont do well with numbers or knowing which gear is equal to the rear gear if that is what 1:1 means.

#20 · (Edited)
By looking at that i should just go back to my stock tune i will probably make more power lol! So i have only made 20 more hp over stock and 30 more tq! All of the almost stock chargers at the dyno that day made more power with there stock tunes over the diablo tunes, crazy huh. I guess the diablo is more suited to be a 350$ paper weight. With all the mods that i have done to this truck i would have expected to make much more power than what im putting down which i think i can contribute to not having a correct tune but i am still very satisfied in how it performs.

#21 · (Edited)
I posted that up not to compare their stock pull with your dyno, I just wanted to share the paragraph about not getting into the throttle until north of 3700rpms or it will kick down a gear. We all know about dynos, different readings, different areas. Probably the only way you can find out with some certainity about your particular truck is if you had dynoed it bone stock. But who does that?:LOL:
Personally I dont get worked up about the dyno thing, just enough though LOL.. good for shoptalk, benchracing but I understand its nice to know youre getting your moneys worth... I havent done stuff really worth talking about to mine, but Ive got over 80 slips in between the bit Ive done.. and shaved over a half a second by just learning how to drive it. 1/4 mile dyno bro...dont get all hung about the numbers game. Drive that thing:smileup: But dont get me wrong..Im hoping to be posting up a dyno plot myself before christmas. Finally figured out what the potential and have gotten familiar with the truck. Ive pulled the trigger on a few things myself.... Diablo what?!!> shame on you man, there is no other!:box2:

#22 · (Edited)
Yeah i know man the guy that owns the dyno is a real shit talker and sarcasticly runs his mouth about how bolt-ons dont do shit and this that and how diablo is a waste of money. All he says is get a keene bell and be done with it. I like my truck and ill like it even more when i get it to a 1/4 mile. 1/8 mile was great. Like you said track slip is what does the talking haha. Like i said about the guys with the chargers they have been posting like crazy on there forums how diablo tuners didnt do shit so idk i might run my truck with out the tune and see next time i go.

#23 · (Edited)
Hey bro did you ever get a custom tune done with your present mods?
Are you using the Diablo canned tune? Maybe the stock tune does adapt well to ever changing mods better than the Diablo canned.. but Im hard pressed to believe its gonna be better than a custom tune by a tech staring at the screen while your particular truck is on the dyno. Kenne Bell superchargers are mean, that Ive heard a few times...but I wouldnt wanna do business with a fu*kin a$$hole.. man.. you know just because hes a local distributor/installer. Yeah you guys got it good with the good weather, our track finally shut down. Time to look for an iphone app for a drag tree:LOL:

#24 ·
I wouldn't give that guy any business just out of principal if that's how he is. Not everyone can afford to throw a s/c on their ride and for that matter not everyone wants to.

Quick story...when I lived in Jax, FL and just got started modding my car I was taking for a ride by a local guy who "is the best in town". He was always in the magazines and all that b.s. I did some research and found an awesome tuner but I had to drive 2.5 hours each way to his shop. Awesome dude with tons of knowledge and always willing to help via text, email or a phone call. I ended up driving to his dyno 3 times in 2 years at $400 a tune and now that I live in VA I'm considering going back down there next year after I drop in a forged stroker shortblock. Oh and its now a 13 hour drive for me.

My point is that once you find a good tuner stick with him. You have invested a lot into buying and modding your truck and you don't want to blow it up or have to listen to his crap. And yes I'm talking about the guy I pm'd you about last month.

#25 ·
Thanks for that i think i need to invest some time in finding a good "ALL AROUND TUNER".
Yeah im still running the 93 canned tune.

#26 ·
Do you guys think if i added an x-pipe i would see a HP increase?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.