DODGE RAM FORUM banner

tailgaters

4K views 45 replies 16 participants last post by  sonocativo 
#1 ·
What is the best way to deal with tailgaters? I get try to obey and even exceed speed limts, but no matter what, I still seem to collect a convoy behind me.
I let no one bully my Ram, but in my classic vette I don't want damage should I have to brake unexpectedly. Of course on my Harley, I pull aside to avoid being creamed.

#44 ·
Not sure if I agree with that idea. If they're behind you the worst they are likely to do is rear end you but their inattention might not involve you at all. If they screw up in front to you, it might not be possible to get out of the way.

#38 ·
ah man i was running straight header on my r6 and WOW i loved how loud it was and i made sure everyone knew where i was...and dam bro i put 5k miles on my bike in a month!

#40 ·
lol no lie you ccan hear me from 3 miles away, and yea weekends we go 300 miles to get a burger!

#43 ·
In the drivers ed book, as well as defensive driving courses ( mandatory work related courses we had to take ) it clearly states that the rear tires of the car should sit on your hood ( visually ) and that will give you the proper distance to be from the car in front of you at any and all stops... usually 3-5 feet.
yeah I don't know how close he was, but I know after that wreck (he has back injury now) he stays very far back from cars when stopped...

#45 ·
Not sure if I agree with that idea. If they're behind you the worst they are likely to do is rear end you but their inattention might not involve you at all. If they screw up in front to you, it might not be possible to get out of the way.
That doesn't really make sense to me....If they are behind you, you can't stop them from rear ending you (you can't control them)....if they are in front of you there's nothing to worry about...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.