DODGE RAM FORUM banner

6-8" lifts available for 1500s?

1K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  candy08 
#1 ·
What's available on the market right now? I had my eye on fabtechs kit I believe it was for a 6", I was wondering if anyone has made a larger kit yet, and what else is available?

#10 · (Edited)
It all depends on which lift you get and your rake you have now. The rcx kit is darn close to leveling the truck out. I had a tad more than 3" of rake stock, and the front is raised 5.5" frot strut spacer and 2.8" from Bilsteins totaling 8.3". The rear is lifted with 4.5" lifted coil springs and I have a 1.5" top mounted TGC spacer for a total of 6". I still have a solid 1" pf rake on the truck, which I like bc I usually have shite in the bed. If your gonna go with bilstiens you'll want the RCX, Fabtech or Pure Performance for the most height. They all use 5"+ steut spacers. Superlift uses the smallest strut spacer at 3.5" and RCX the tallest rght over 5.5". Addthe Bilsteins to that and youll have your front lift. Forthe rear they all vary from 3" BDS/Zone to PC being the tallest at 5.25 or 5.5" cant remember. But not all procomp owners have the rear spacers which is weird so they have 4 or 4.5" of lift, again cant remember. I have all the specs to every lift wrote down in VA. Im on leave in Arkansas right now.

For that Fabtech lift, no you cant use the bilsteins bc it has coilovers. Those are adjustable from 4.5-7.5" of lift. They come shipped set at 6" and advise you not to adjust them lol. If you got the basic kit and the bilstiens youd be the same height probably .25-.5" taller. Not sure how good the Fabtech coilovers ride, but that would be the advantage ofthat setup. It all depends on what you're gonna do with your truck. Mines used as a weekend beater and for camping and hutning. I just needed bigger tires on my rig. Suites me just fine and rides damn good too, even with the Swampers. Went duck huntin 3 days this week and ended up pulling out my buddies poor '06 Chebby rcsb with 6" and 35" kevlar mtrs at Big Lake. Chevy just couldn hang with the dodge. Had to to pull him to the blind and back out to dry ground :D

#13 ·
Sorry, you mentioned the fabtech lift is adjustable but they don't recommend you adjust it? Is it unsafe or what's the story?

No I am only home 1 week a month. I bought the truck the day after my birthday on June 8th, pretty sure I'm right around 8000kms, might not even have 8.

Just realized you are running the same wheels I got. I went with the 22" deep dish fuel hostage.

#16 ·
Sry man been busy. The say not to adjust it bc of cv angles and ball joints. Basically the same reason why thy say not to stack bilsteins or leveling kits with a suspension lift. You'd be fine, youd just have accelrated wear. Obviously not at the rate you drive it tho lol. Are you quad cab or crewcab? Yeah ur exactly right, a 1" rear spacer should have you dead nuts level with a 6" RCX and maxed Bilstiens.

Hahahaha yea you and those 22s, fyl for sure! Ive been pricing tires and just for 20s its rediculous!! If your gonna do 22s...go 40s :D

#18 ·
For bigger wheels you should look into the Kumho KL971 Mudders, they hold up very well and a buddy of mine had them on his 08 F250 38x1350r24's and they held up very well and performed great in the mud (even on a heavy truck). Also rode and drove very well, didn't "float" on the pavement like a lot of big mudders do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.