DODGE RAM FORUM banner

02 sensor quesion

708 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kombucha20 
#1 ·
ok so im in the process of putting new headers on, and right now i have my factory y pipe off, im just wondering if can just delete my cats all together. and if i can do that what about the o2 sensors?

#3 ·
well the headers do have holes for 02 censors, but on the factory y pipe theres a censor before and after the cats but if i got rid of the cats im not sure what i would do with the extra 02 censors. or should i just leave the cats on and modify the y pipe, by the looks of it now the headers outflow pipe is bigger then the factory y pipe so im gonna have to do some modifing

#4 ·
#5 ·
I slight differ on that...the guys who run really fast times at the track do so without cats...I stayed with cats for the longest time and when i finally gave in and deleted them I could immediately feel the improvement and it shown at the track...

#6 ·
the reason im thinking about deleting the cats is because there cut off the truck now and it seems like it will be easier just not to put them back on, but i dont know what to do about the 02 sensor. on the factoey y pipe there censors before and after the cats so if i dont have the cats what do i do with the censors that would have been after them. the headers have threaded holes for the 02's but i dont know what to do with the other ones

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.