DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Black tips or leave 'em chrome?

3K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  Amell 
#1 ·
Well, about the only thing left chrome is the tips. I originally was thinking leave them as is, but after looking at pics I'm thinking black might look better. What do you guys think?

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Oo i think that chrome black would look awesome!

#12 ·
On your truck BLACK

#13 ·
Thanks for the input guys, gonna leave 'em chrome.

JUST KIDDING! :LOL: They are going to the dark side like everything else.

#17 ·
The exhaust tip is the crowning touch to your performance exhaust. It is your opportunity to really demonstrate your personal style. That is why MBRP Inc. offers such a wide assortment of high quality, bolt-on tips because every body has their own concept of style.

Inlet Diameter (IN): 4 Inch
Shape: Round
Installation Type: Bolt-On
Overall Length (IN): 12 Inch
Cut: Angled Cut
Edge: Rolled Edge
Outlet Diameter (IN): 5 Inch
Finish: Black Powder Coated
Material: Aluminized Steel
Features
High Quality
Black Coated T304 High Grade Stainless Steel
No Weld Install
Limited 90 Day Warranty

Add to Cart:

Model: T5051BLK
4 Units in Stock
Manufactured by: MBRP

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

#20 · (Edited)
I want to get some 4 or 5" tips eventually, but my $10 rattle-can stockers will have to do for now, lol. Here's a pic, better? I think so. (The OE's do look small, especially when black)
before:

after:

#22 ·
I plan to paint mine semi gloss anti-rust heat resistant black also. Are the stockers O.D. 3"?

Further down the road I may powder coat em or find an aftermarket set.

#23 ·
Did the tailgate badge today, doing my tips tomorrow. :smileup:

#28 ·
Black would be sick! Your truck looks great. Im going to plasti dip mine black mine since i have a can layin around see how i like it. Ill eventually go up to 4.5" tips someday...

#30 ·
Can of VHT niteshades, $8, can of clearcoat, $8, asst. pack of sandpaper, $8. About $25 total including tax. I already had the rubbing compound, polish, and wax ;). That, and a few hours of your time. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#35 ·
Man, i tried niteshades on my 05 silverado. 3 coats, 4 coats clear, wetsand, and polish and still didnt come out as glossy as i wanted. But then again, me and rattlecans havent had a great history together either. Maybe ill try again my Blazers tails to see of i can get it down!!:str:

#32 ·
They were blacked out about 10 posts ago,:gy: lol! But thanks for the input :smileup:!

#34 ·
How about one chrome and one black? :smiley_thumbs_up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.