DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Purple Power Degreaser

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  thanatron 
#1 ·
Just wanted to let yall know that this is a great product to use on your truck. it can be used for any type of cleaning. even interior and to get stains out of the carpet. i use it undiluted to clean the bugs off the front of my truck, and down here that is a very daunting task. i spray the degreaser let sit and then glide the sponge over and they come right off!! never tried anything easier!

#3 ·
Yeah, speakin' of bugs, you are so right! Just in the 20 minutes or so it takes me to drive home from work, they are just caked all over the front! I was thinking (yeah, that's dangerous, lol), but there ought to be something that just repells them in the first place, to where they don't even stick at all, and now we're coming up on love bug season again! Dryer sheets work well, but they leave their own mess. Can I just spray the front with Pam??? :)

#4 ·
hahaha you must be from louisiana?? i currently live north of new orleans and the bugs are startin to get bad. ive tried all the tricks for gettin bugs off but this stuff works so well. ive also noticed i can go longer without serious bug problems after using this stuff. its great!! hey i should try the pam thing haha

#5 ·
Yeah, Pam or WD-40 :smiley_thumbs_up:, but yep, Louisiana, here, too!

#8 · (Edited)
What I recommend to customers who are trying to make lovebug removal easier is to apply layers of protection to their front end. I run a special during lovebug season where I apply my standard sealant all over, but on the front end (hood, bumper, windshield, mirrors) I layer on protection. I start with Optimum Poli-Seal, then two layers of Optimum Opti-Seal, then Optimum Car Wax. (can you tell I'm slightly partial to Optimum, lol). After applying this level of protection, bugs practically fall off with a high pressure rinse or a shot of quick detailer. HTH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.