DODGE RAM FORUM banner

headers? maybe?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  RamJamz 
#1 ·
So after a bad exhaust manifold cost me way to much money, due to traveling for work and where i had to get it repaired. This makes me a little nervous about the other side going when i am away from home. I was thinking the easiest solution to this problem was to get a set of headers put on and be worry free. The downside is that from what i have read is that the gains are minimal. Can anyone convince me otherwise? If so what would brand would you recommend? Thanks

#8 ·
Ok hears the deal, headers are a great upgrade... but only when combines with a CAI, and good exhaust. Problem is since you and I have the 4.7 longtubes arent made.... so you either have to go with a shorty header.... have a shop custom fabricate a set of long tubes, or and i have see hemi long tubes modified and welded to a 4.7l flanges. Is going to be pricey to get long tubes, but you will see better gains with them than you will with shorty's

#12 ·
I had stainless JBAs on my 05 Dakota with the stock exhaust minus the muffler just running thru the resonator, no duals. Sounded and ran pretty good. All the horror stories about blown gaskets, the flange on the collector cracked. That stainless was heavy duty couldn't believe that was where the tick was coming from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.