DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Switching from SLT bumpers to Sport bumpers

17K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  KennyPowers 
#1 ·
I'll be switching to paint matched bumpers soon and I have a question about the front end. More than likely I'll be buying primed sport bumpers and will have them painted. Unless of course, someone can find me Inferno red bumpers. :LOL: It would be greatly appreciated! My question is, will I need any additional brackets or anything to switch from the 2 piece slt bumper, to the one piece sport? Or do I just pull of the chrome bottom piece and painted top, and slap the sport one on? Any help is appreciated.

#4 ·
Logically speaking I dont think its very cost effective to produce 2 different brackets, but then again i could be wrong. Ill do some research. they way I check this stuff is to look on mopar online parts and look up the front bumper assembly and see if there are different part numbers for slt and sport, if so then they are different if not then they are the same :)

#6 ·
Check out Jimsautoparts.com. The SLT and sport front bumpers are very different.

A. 2009-2010 Dodge Ram 1500 with Sport Package

B. 2009-2010 Dodge Ram 1500 without Sport Pkg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.