DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Warning please read!

11K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  jlc41 
#1 ·
I need to warn everyone, There is a lying, thieving, piece of sh_ _. He goes by,
ramfanatic01 and
Robert Domonkos or
Allen Hancharik or
A & R Designs at
137 Metzler Street
Johntown PA 15904
I posted a set of brand new, never even installed perfect condition, Stainless Steel N-Fab Nerf Bars that fit a Quad Cab for sale or willing to trade for a set of OEM Mopar nerf bars in perfect condition for a Quad Cab. He contacted me with what he said was a perfect set of bars off of a 2012 Ram Quad Cab that he said was removed from the truck 2 hours after the truck was bought new. He said that he would put his in UPS on Monday if I would do the same. Well dumb butt me did what he said. He recieved the N-Fab bars 2 days later. Two days after he recieved my set, he mailed me a set of rusty, dented, scrached pieces of crap that will not fit my truck. I called the local Dodge dealer and he was nice enough to run the numbers for me and they are for 2010 Crew Cab. So i tried to call him only to find out he has changed his cell number ( YES, HE CHANGED HIS CELL NUMBER TO AVOID ME !!!!!!).
And now I just found out from JetBlue that he has been scamming other people on other forums.
I should have known better, before I sent them I checked his personal profile and he didnt have many posts and no friends. That should have sent up a red flag, Honest people make friends if they stay around very long.
Sorry for being long winded, but it pi_ _es me off for being stupid!!!!
$600 bucks for bars plus $139 bucks for shipping = $739 worth of stupid!!!!!
Anybody want a set of used, scratched, bent, rusty bars for a Crew Cab. LOL!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
First of all, I am so sorry I discovered this too late. I could have saved a member here some heartache and money.

Second, this just goes to show, no matter how hard we try and enforce the rules here so many people complain about, we can't prevent it all. Buyer beware is a must for all.

Third, I feel so strongly about this I have placed the warning in all three For Sale sub forums so people will see it. I know many here frequent more than one forum so the more we can get the word out hopefully we can prevent more of this fraud.

I have in my research found the following info:

User names he uses-
ramfanatic
ramfanatic01
thedodgeman
thermaman

Email addresses he uses for payment-
therosebud137@gmail.com
ramfanatic01@gmail.com
thedodgeman@verizon.net

He uses the names of-
Allen Vasilinda
Robert Hancharik @ A&R Designs
Rose Hancharik
Andrew Domonkos

These articles have surfaced about him and his scamming:
http://tribune-democrat.com/local/x...ect-rammed-police-vehicle-city-cops-say/print

http://tribune-democrat.com/local/x519150388/Friedens-man-facing-charges-in-alleged-beating/print

If you have dealt with him or know someone that is, please, please pass on this info! Maybe someone can finally put a stop to him! If you don't believe me, just google the names and see what pops up. His accounts here have been disabled so he can't do this again here.

#3 ·
Thanks BlueJet, for all your help maybe this will keep someone else from being used

#5 · (Edited)
Damn sorry to hear that. I think I almost bought something off of him about a month or two ago, but I backed out once he started being shady. He acted as a poor college kid that needed money immediately and he "wasn't that kind of guy" to screw you over. I decided it wasn't worth the risk.

I should have PM'd bluejet but didn't think much of it.

Sorry this happened to you, but I bet it never will again!

I make a ton of online transactions with people I've never met, over the past ~15 years or so, and luckily I have not once got screwed. I've had a few almosts, but I don't know if I covered my butt well or got lucky. I even currently have about 3 or 4 pending transactions right now, and have a big one pending with a guy in australia(a lot of money pending), hope my luck holds strong.

Hopefully someone nails this guy. It'll happen sooner or later...

BTW a tip just for an FYI if anyone reads this. If you ever do a trade, use paypal and have each person pay a small amount of money to each other before mailing the items. Put in the description what it is for, then you have at least some ground to stand on. This lowers the risk greatly.

#13 ·
Sorry for dropping in when everyone's gone home, but.....

I just don't get if he was going to scam you anyway, why the F did he send you ANYTHING at all....? To help his conscious?
It keeps him from getting charged with mail fraud.. which the UPS could investigate.. because he did send "something" so it then becomes an issue of "expecitation" your expecitation of what you "thought" you were going to receive and what the senders perception of what he had to offer.. see where this is going.. happens on E-bay all the time.. I got burned once on E-bay this way and I was pretty pissed.. putting a negative feedback on a casual seller don't do squat

even if it is fed ex or UPS it still all falls under the United States Postal Service under mail fraud...
If the definition of mail fraud is: any fraudulent scheme to intentionally deprive another of property or honest services via mail or wire communication. It has been a federal crime in the United States since 1872.

... then even though he still mailed something - as you seem to believe in an effort to side-step the federal government and its wrath - why then can he STILL not be charged with mail fraud? I'd say what he did falls directly under the defintion of mail fraud as stated above.

Sorry you got burned brother.

#9 ·
It keeps him from getting charged with mail fraud.. which the UPS could investigate.. because he did send "something" so it then becomes an issue of "expecitation" your expecitation of what you "thought" you were going to receive and what the senders perception of what he had to offer.. see where this is going.. happens on E-bay all the time.. I got burned once on E-bay this way and I was pretty pissed.. putting a negative feedback on a casual seller don't do squat

#11 · (Edited)
If this is the right guy, you may have to wait awhile
he issued worthless checks to soup up his pickup 300 block of Erma Street, age 41
100 block of Metzler Street, age 44, he cashed nearly $6,000 in bogus paychecks

Must be brothers or something, same last name, same news paper

I Googled the name & Metzler St address on Google images, a mug shot came up

Members on a different forum were scammed too
They contacted the Authorities in his area about his dealings

#16 ·
Some people...

#17 ·
That burns. I am very shy of buying anything of the net. I told my son that and he said set up a pay pal account. He buys many things that way and never has problems. Hope that helps for future dealings.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.