DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tonneau Covers

5K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  kkreit01 
#1 ·
I've been going around and around on what type of cover to put on my '12 Longhorn. It's hard to know without seeing them installed on the truck.. If I could see some pictures, I would pull the trigger Thanks

#5 ·
here is the truxedo low pro qt.

nice cover, but in hind sight i prolly shoulda waited for the backflip. i have no complaints, but i think the solid cover would have been nicer.

#9 ·
here is the truxedo low pro qt.

nice cover, but in hind sight i prolly shoulda waited for the backflip. i have no complaints, but i think the solid cover would have been nicer.

Gotta disagree with ya there, I love the tight smooth look of the Truxedo and it is between that and the ACCESS similar style when I finally buy. Yours looks awesome. I agree the Bakflip is more functional, stronger, etc.. I just can't get past the hardtop sections.

To each their own, wanna sell your old one?

#7 ·
I have a soft vinyl cover and looks good but no security so I have decided to order the BAK Flip FiberMax.

#10 ·
it is a nice cover like i said...but 575.00...kinda rich for some vinyl IMO.

not looking to offload it ...but thanks for the offer!! just one of those buyers remorse type things. i use the truck as a truck quite often so thats why i wanted to stay away from a more permanent solid cover...i had an ARE before and loved it. big money, but big value. just lost the use of my truck...might as well of had a ...dare i say...minivan.

#19 ·
Save up and get a Bakflip I have a G2 it's great I had the older type vinly type before yes they keep things dry when it rains it keeps things out of sight out of mind.

But the Vinly is so very easy to just take a knife and rip open if some one wats to know if your hiding anything that they would like to have.

I pick up my Bakflip for $629.00 no tax no shipping on E-Bay
The Backflip is more safe not saying you cant break in but it a lot harder theives look for the easy take not the ones that take more time to break into.

#22 ·
I have a roll up that looks good will check the name in the morning. I planned on a bak flip fibermax since it has a lower price than the f1 and the g2 is aluminum and that gets a little hot in Houston sun. If it wasn't for the fact I want to.lock things in my bed I would keep the sof cover roll up. The undercover is nice for the money but with a ram box my choices are limited and I love the rambox for storing paint guns and small air Sanders or I would have done a bed swap.. but bak flips out of the way to give me access and the roll up metal covers for my truck are a bit high priced especially powered ones.

#27 ·
Those are the best deals. My friend got his undercover for $150 and looked new.

#28 ·
I had the back flip g2 and thought it was junk. It scratched up very easy and I did t like how it blocked my window when propped up, and you couldn't open it from the front. They sent me a new one due to the scratching and I sold it on eBay. I then got the fold a cover from Steffens automotive, which is also the company that makes the mopar cover, for 300 bucks more, either way, this one opens from the front or back, but is hard to remove, dosent seal we'll, and I had a warranty issue and they basically told me to take a hike, and the cover is only 3 months old..I'm looking at the Extang encore now...but I really want to research this before I dump another 800 bucks, for the third time..

#29 · (Edited)
I've had my BakFlip G2 for well over a year. Been very happy with it. Very slight leaks when I wash the truck. But up here I love that it's nice and dry in the back after a snowstorm :D

PS: Just remember to close the tailgate first before you close the BakFlip.....otherwise you will ruin the rubber seal :D

Cheers!

#30 ·
I know everyone raves about the BakFlips, but I'm not feeling them. I don't like the part of "blocking the rear window". They are nearly the cost (about $100 less) of a fiberglass hard, painted-to-match cover. For me, it was between Truxedo Lo Pro Qt ($450 installed), or a hard ARE (950 painted to match/installed). I didn't even consider the BakFlip at $800+. If I want hard, I'd go fiberglass, paint matched. If I want roll-up, I want to be able to see out my rear window, and don't want to spend as much as a fiberglass. Yes, I know anyone can slice through a vinyl cover, but if they want in that bad, they will get in anything. My wife was actually trying to talk me into the ARE hard cover. It would have looked great, but I remember rolling up my Truxedo a lot on my previous truck. Having to take that hard cover off, would be a pain.

No offense to all those with BakFlips. I'm sure they are great. They just aren't for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.