DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Truck Bed Storage Rack

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  wascobi 
#1 ·
Looking to add two crossbars to run over the truck bed, much like a car roof rack which I can add kayak cradles to or even a cargo cage. I may pull the trigger on the adjustable Thule Xporter. Before doing this, I would love to see what many of you have used. I really like this look...

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ram/images/TC690OA-Mopar-Dodge-Ram-Thule-Bed-Mount-Cargo-Basket.jpg

I don't have the track system in the bed though, so maybe something that could mount in to the tie down hold on top of the bed rails. Looking for most cost efficient.

#4 ·
It wouldn't be soo much for the kayak as my kayak technically is considered a vessel by the mfg (Hobie Pro Angler). But my girlfriend's yak is very tiny and would do fine on it.. for the most part I would probably mount a carge cage on it for luggage while Yak slides under.

#10 ·
The bed rails do curve but the box itself is still square. You think you got it bad with a quad cab sean, the bed sides curve worse on the crews because the beds are shorter! LOL

I first saw InvisiRack on shark tank as well, and they all passed on it. But that guy is making bank now working with DeeZee. The sharks threw a shitfit because the dude would absolutely NOT compromise on outsourcing the production. He wanted his product made in America, not Taiwan. Who's laughing now? :) I have bought 2 of them, one for my dads 3500 longhorn and one for my brothers F150, and they both swear by them. Dad uses it for whatever around the land and brother uses it for his contracting job. It paid for itself the first month he had it. I cant use it/have no use for it so I went ahead and passed on it, but if I had a need, it would have been the first thing I bought for this new truck. The price is kind of high, but when you look at how much a permanent one (non collapsible) costs, its actually not that bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.