DODGE RAM FORUM banner

6.4 hemi MPG

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  hotrodbob 
#1 ·
Gas mileage towing? Not towing? How many miles on your truck?

#2 ·
6.4 mpg

I have three thousand on my 2014 (6.4). I get 11 to 12 around town and 15 to 17 on the freeway with 800+ pounds in the bed at all times. My last diesel (2010 Dodge Ram 2500) did less on the highway. The motor is awesome and super happy with how smooth it drives. If I did not put my foot in to it so much my fuel economy would probably be a little better. Tows great and not sure about towing fuel economy never really checked it. Tow occasional work equipment to job sites, no travel trailers. By the way, mine is a long bed. Highly recommend it!!

#3 ·
I have three thousand on my 2014 (6.4). I get 11 to 12 around town and 15 to 17 on the freeway with 800+ pounds in the bed at all times. My last diesel (2010 Dodge Ram 2500) did less on the highway. The motor is awesome and super happy with how smooth it drives. If I did not put my foot in to it so much my fuel economy would probably be a little better. Tows great and not sure about towing fuel economy never really checked it. Tow occasional work equipment to job sites, no travel trailers. By the way, mine is a long bed. Highly recommend it!!
What gears do you have?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.