DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Im Back... in my 2010 Larimie!!

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  inkdemon 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the many emails, PM's and Facebook inquiries. To answer them all...

1. My wife is doing a lot better.
2. Things in my personal life are getting back on track.
3. I have had some severe business problems which ended up causing very severe issue for me. But that too is slowly getting back on track.

It just seemed like everything happened at one time. In the middle of it all I almost canceled my Ram because the dealer was starting to pull some crap saying they did not say this or that and the original paperwork from the initial deal write up was lost. What they did not realize is even though they did not want to give me a copy of the write-up sheet which was a NCR 3-part form... I took a copy months ago when I went to my dealer. So Bam... whipped out the copy and they had to honor it.

So what did we get? As seen in the photos... I got the Cold Air Intake installed, I got the Carpet Bed Liner installed. I got the Century Bed Cover upgraded and installed and a Chrome Gas Cap installed.

So how did we get it with all the cool stuff and how much? The truck's factory sticker was just over $50,000. They made my deal for $39,900. also throwing in a generic fiberglass bed cover. This plus the first 3 years of general maintenance included. Not a bad deal As I mentioned in previous posts I was happy with it.

After researching the bed liner and what some members have here on the forumz I decided to get the carpeted one. So I ordered that. I was going to keep them both, just in case I had to move something big and bulky I could just pop in the plastic one over the carpet one.

Then I was going back and forth about the Cold Air Intake and decided to go with the mopar one and realized the chrome gas cap was not included in the original chrome package so I wanted that to. So I went to the dealer and wanted to make sure all these things were ordered so they can be installed when I picked up the truck. I agreed to buy and pay for them to install the stuff... and the carpet bed liner I agreed to pay for the removal of the plastic one and re-install the carpeted one. No big deal.

My sales rep went ahead and wrote all this down on the work sheet and priced it at the same $39,900 in error. That's why I asked for a copy. He said I don't need it not to worry.

After researching Century'S Bed Covers a little more I saw they have this new elite cover but because the design was so new it was limited as to what trucks it was available for. in 2011 they would have all trucks. but as of now they did not have to 2010 dodge version. However... the basic cover could be upgraded with the heavy duty lifters, remote opener, remote lock/unlock 12V Hard wired light, carpet under liner, etc. I think all the add-ons were like $600 more then the allowance they originally figured. So when I went to order the upgrades, my sales rep re-wrote the work up sheet the very same way... with all the bells and whistles and a price of $39,900. Again asked for a copy and he refused. He went to the managers office for a moment... and I was able to sneak a copy. :)

A couple of weeks ago I was called telling me my truck was ready but there was some problems with some of the stuff I ordered. They tried to get me to pay for just about everything. I told them about the work sheet that was written up and they pretended to look for it as if it was never written up... then pulled out my copy. They said it was not valid because it was not signed by a sales manager. So they can not honor it and unless I pay for all the extras... I will just get the truck as is from the factory. I called my attorney right there... faxed over my copy of the form... both front and back. my attorney pointed out some information on the form to me and then asked to speak to sales manager. The sales manager refused. My attorney said leave the dealership but leave yoru deposit on the vehicle.

2 days later I got a call from the VP of the dealership apologizing and said if there was a deal made, they will honor it and apologized up and down for it. He told me to give him 3 days to order what ever was needed and have it installed. I agreed. 3 days later I got a call to pick up the truck. I asked about getting LoJack installed... my sales rep mis-understood what I asked and said Yea it was done too. So they also included Lojack. When I got back home and looked at the work sheet... I saw that lojack was also written in there. I mentioned it... but knew I had to order that later with the finance manager... But because I mentioned it the salesman wrote it down. Too funny.

So I got a everything for under $40,000 with all bells and whistles and a 3 year maintenance package!

Now I have to shop around for a extended warranty package. My dealership is not willing to discount anything else for me. LOL

Here's a loot at her.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats. Looks like a sweet ride.

#5 ·
Thanks guys.

So whats on the agenda? As time allows...

- Install my new custom CB Radio that I told y'all about before. This will be done by RIPP Superchargers. If you have not seen their stuff... check em out if you are looking for something to make your truck FAST!! But they also do all sorts of mods there. They are willing to install some of the stuff for me.

- Install some new HIDs
- Install my LED bed Lights on the underside of the bed cover.
- Install my LED Ambeint Lighting
- Install LED Eyes in my rear Ram head.
- Intsall my FireStorm LED Light Bar
- Install my Afterburner LED Ground Signal Kit
- Play with my Preditor.

Looking for the best leveling kit or additional 2" kit.

To do later:

New Gripper Tired and New Wheels
New Exhaust system

And possibly add a small plow so I can flow the parking spot for me and a few of my neighbors.

Tim

#7 ·
Well Tim, first great to have you back and glad to hear things are getting back on track for you! CONGRATS on your truck, it looks fantastic!!! What a wait, but well worth it I'd say, even with the crap at the dealer but you got a heck of a deal there! Thanks for sharing the pics! :smileup:

- Cajun

#8 ·
Congrats on finally getting your truck! and getting that awesome deal. You have been gone for awhile so I am going to give you a newbie post!
hehe
Hello and welcome to the site! Thanks for sharing the photos of your truck
There are a lot of talented people on this site, so if you have questions feel free to ask, and I am sure someone will be able to help. If your looking for some accessories check out our vendor section and may the modding continue
http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53

#9 ·
way to go Tim... I think next time I buy a vehicle I'm gonna call you to negotiate for me!

congrats on the new ride!

Exco

#16 ·
Thanks everyone!

Actually I love my Ram. I hate to admit it but I like it a lot better then my Escalade. I think the ride and handling is better to be honest overall. And there's more room in it then the Escalade EXT.

I've gotten over the Onstar feature... but one feature I am missing especially during our heat wave is the Air Conditioning. On GM vehicles... when you use just the fan with the circulation active... the air is cooled... cool enough you dont need to have the snowflake button pressed to kick on the compressor. This was the same on my Caddy, my Hummer and a friends Tahoe. Anyone with a GM vehicle knows what Im talking about.

With both my wife's Jeep and my Ram that is not the case. It just circulates the hot air in the car. So have to drive around with AC all the time just eatin up the gas.

The only other thing Im missing is my remote folding mirrors. I even went to look to see if there is an aftermarket version for the '10 Ram and there's not one. :(

Maybe one day Chrysler will address these issues... both I think are really important. When you have them, you miss them when they are not there.

But overall I would rate my truck a 98 out of 100... with those 2 points loss on AC and Fodling Mirrors.

Love my Bed and the bed cover. It really has nice lines and fits on my truck correctly. Having them install it right helps. Cant tell you how many I see that are off to one side more then the other. I love that there is this bit of a overhang all around too. Thinking of getting an LED belt to go around the whole bed... which will cast a nice glow on the bed at night. So I will play with that sometime next week. Being that I had the cover hard wired for the interior light... I can tap off that I think.

So yes... It feels great to have my truck!!

Tim

#17 ·
:smileup:Its great to see you back Tim.................Congrats as well. Im glad things are getting better for you.

#18 ·
Welcome to the forum, :Hey:

This forum is full of great looking trucks, and packed with great mod ideas and there are loads of knowledgeable and experienced people here.

AND - We all like pix! Thanks for sharing yours.

Enjoy the Z!

Hehehehehehehehehe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.