DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Painting Calibers

4K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  SS4Luck 
#1 · (Edited)
Painting Calipers

Im planning on painting my calipers. Is there anything special I need to when I remove my wheels with the tpms? Or do I just take the wheel off? :4-dontknow:

#8 ·
I don't think you need to worry about TPMS, just scuff it like Ghostknife said, prime if you can and paint it. Be sure to use high heat resistant paint, because your calipers get worm.
^^^^ What they said sums it up nicely. I've already done mine, just take the Wheels off and don't worry about the TPMS sensors. When you rotate the tires it does not throw off the TPMS, the system somehow knows which sensor is on which wheel.

#11 ·
this is something I hope to do in the future so please post pics when you get going!

#18 · (Edited)
I just did this with some high-heat rattle cans- one can of primer, two dark red, and one can of clear- and it looks great. A nice little detail without overdoing it.

#19 ·
those look really good man, I did my calipers and drums with duplicolor caliper paint, I didnt put any clear though...didnt think about it at the time. Mine turned out alright I like to think. Really cant see the calipers because of the stock 3 spoke wheels but the drums stand out pretty well. only upside of having the drums haha

#20 · (Edited)
Y'all make this sound like such a complicated process...I went and bought one bottle of $8 spray paint from autozone, and painted mine during a tire rotation. No scuffing or cleaning necessary, my truck was brand new. I just masked off some areas I didn't want painted, and then I painted them calipers! :D

#21 ·
It really is an easy thing to do. Dont sweat it. Clean the calipers with the cleaner that is in the kit wipe down them mask off what you dont want paint on and paint do all four then add another coat ( when I was finished with the forth one I started on the second coat) Let them cure/dry for 2 hours I waited 1.5 because it was so dang hot and put your wheels back on The kit says not to drive for 24 hrs I waited about 18 hrs again because of th heat here. here is a picture of the whole truck but you cant see the rears

#23 ·
If you have a second person around that can help you later pull the calipers off and clean the heck out of them (also lets you paint the back of the pads if you want) then throw em back on and have someone help you bleed the brakes. Gets some fresh fluid in there as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.