DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Driver's door doesn't seem like it's closed

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  huntergreen 
#1 ·
The driver's door on my 1500 sits proud (by a few mm's) when latched. If you compare the driver's door to the passenger door, it's easy to see the driver's door protrudes past the passenger door.

While driving I sometimes experience a "rubbing" sound coming from the door rubber-moulding (location where my head is). And when I drive over a set of rail-road tracks it sounds/feels like the door isn't latched. I can actually hear the top of the door HIT the truck body (right where the moulding is that goes around the door opening).

My question is whether or not the door can be adjusted? It doesn't look like the door latch can move in/outward, and the locking mechanism on the door doesn't look like it can move forward/backward. So, then, how is the door adjustable?

My thinking is the dealer can move the door inward (tighter to the seat), not forward/back towards the fender/rear-door.

Has anyone else experienced this? This is the not recall for the wind-noise at highway speeds. I don't get any howling, etc. It just feels like the door isn't completely latched inward (but it is!)

I hope I have described my problem efficiently.

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's a simple picture to go with what I'm trying to describe.

Attachments

#3 ·
Nobody has this issue?

#4 ·
#5 ·
Thanks for the link!
-UPDATE: Talked to the manager of the body shop at my purchasing dealership this morning about the door alignment. He's suggesting the striker can be adjusted inward (thus pulling the door inward more.) He said to come by and he'll have a look at it (if I'm not comfortable doing it myself. Why would I when it's under warranty?)

#6 ·
Good to hear the dealer is going to look after it for you...:smileup::smileup::smileup:...Rob

#7 ·
I'll post here again once the dealer has had a chance to look at the door. I'm hoping it isn't anything too serious or complicated to fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.