DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New PW owner here

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Trail Whale 
#1 ·
Just bought a 05 with a perfect service record and low miles. Im thinking i need to add front and rear HD bumpers to it as well as some 35" tires. What would all you guys do in this situation. I am a full time firefighter in the canadian rockies and enjoy hunting and fishing. Feel free to school me on what to do to the new ride. Once i get it i will post some picks up. And yes it looks firetruck red. cheers boys...and maybe a few girls.

Chris

#2 ·
welcome to the forum dude...congrats on the PW....i had an 06'. How does the front end feel on it ? Have you driven very fast or hard yet ?

#3 ·
i havent driven it yet. front end had a complete rebuild 4000 miles ago. all ball joints, complete tire rod upgrade, all new axel u-joints, drive shaft u-joints, steering shock and pitman arm. this was all done by the original owner that kept a meticulous maintenance record. im hoping it runs half as good as it sounds.

#4 ·
sounds good....keep us posted on how the front end holds up

#5 ·
congrats and welcome to the forum. sounds like you got a nice truck comin. did you check to see if your diff lockers are working? how about the sway bar disconnect?
lookin forward to seein some pics. as far as mods go there are soooo many for our trucks. it all depends on what you want and how deep your pockets are. lol

#14 ·
Modding a Power Wagon is like crack !! , once you start , it's hard to stop !!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.