DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Driver Seat Rocking

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RootBeer 
#1 ·
Anyone noticed when accelerating that the seat kicks back (slightly). The main frame is securely mounted and the rail also appears to be fixed.
There is a ton going on under the seat. When I push back on the backrest it seems to move slightly (also happen in passenger seat) but I don't think it is in the backrest it seems like hinging up from the front of seat. My thought it is getting worse, was planning for a while to get to dealer-but time does not allow, so looked at it myself.

Any Ideas??

Thanks

#2 ·
I'd suggest getting someone to sit in the seat with it pushed all the way back and try to rock it. While they're doing that, you look under their legs and all around to see if you can find the cause.

Once you've got a good idea what it is, make the time to go to the dealer and get it fixed. Most dealers have a van that will take you where you need to go while your Ram is being fixed, if they don't give you a loaner car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.