DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tow hooks

4K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  vr4blutooth 
#1 ·
I would like to install tow hooks in the front bumper of my 2011 Ram. Are there existing bolt holes in the frame, and how involved is this mod?:4-dontknow:

#29 ·
Here is a link to my thread on this. - http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=54253
It has P/N for the kit and the first post has a link to the thread that I got the idea from.

The kit from Dodge cost me $140 Cdn, so I would expect you can get it for ~$120 USd.

#30 ·
Interestingly enough, I went to the Dealer I bought the truck from and they quoted me a price of $111 per hook. I told the Parts guy that I could order them online from Dodge for $117 for the pair. Very sarcastically, he suggested I do that. So I came home and ordered them from the Mopar Super Center for $139, including delivery. The Dealer would have cost me $240.31 with tax. Not sure what they are thinking, but I will print the receipt and stop in to see the owner of the dealership.

#32 ·
I don't know why the dealers don't just order the $150 protection package on all 4x4s. It includes the tow hooks and two skid plates. It would save a lot of messing around. When I asked my dealer to price this $150 factory option as a dealer install, he said it shouldn't be much more than that. Yea right, almost $500!

#33 ·
I just did this on my 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie and believe me it is easy I didn't even use a ramp. I used the heated knife trick described earlier and it worked great, took me maybe an hour total but I am slow. The bolt heads are 18mm and you need a deep socket, piece of cake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.