DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Factory liner re-conditioner?

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  PaulMys 
#1 ·
I was wondering if any of you guys (or gals) have heard anything about or actually used the factory bed liner re-conditioning kit? Mine has faded a bit after 14 months, and I was thinking of getting the kit.

#4 ·
DO you know what the OEM spray-in liner is? What brand?

A quality spray-in should not be fading after only app. 12 months of ownership. No way.

#5 ·
Grub, I have no clue as to what brand they use. It is not a drastic fade by any means. Just when I open the tail gate & expose the small areas not exposed to the sun (which, unfortunately my truck is always subjected to) you can see a slight difference in the "glossy" factor it had when brand new. Hope this makes sense.

#6 ·
I hear what you're saying; I've just never seen or experienced it before.

Also have NFC what a reconditioning kit for them is; I'd never heard of it till' you posted.

My truck's hovering at around 16-months of age and my spray-in liner [Reflex] still looks like the day I picked the truck up. I had a truck many years ago [GM] that had a Line-X spray-in that looked sharp even after almost 7 years of the elements.

Hoping someone chimes in soon with assistance.

Good luck, brother.

#7 · (Edited)
#9 ·
#11 ·
No. What do recommend? :4-dontknow: Googled the MOPAR site, and as usual no pics or info as to the re-conditioning product. Just a mention of its existence and a part number. (With a mention of an additional product to repair gouges and/or tears to the liner)

#12 ·
the gouge repair is another coat of Line-X, called Line-X ReNew
http://www.linex.com/pages/2010/bedliners/products/renew.php

strange thing is that Line-X has a lifetime warranty, which includes re-spraying if someone scrapes a pallet across it & tears it up

I would not use a chemical to try to clean it, even though i have spilled gasoline in my bed more then once

I would use a nozzle on a hose to try to break dirt lose, then use something like Orange clean or Simple Green & scrub it in, then use the nozzle again

#13 ·
I bought my truck used but think the liner in mine is either factory or dealer installed and its called a Turbo liner. Not sure if its the same brand as yours but it is faded a bit too. since 2011.

I have a friend that used to work at Line-X and always said if you don't want it to fade you have to have it spayed with an extra UV type sealer they have which was extra money on top of the actual liner.

#14 ·
Well, I cleaned my liner (not too hard as I don't let it get dirty) and then used a sponge to apply 303 aerospace protect, which I use on all plastic/rubber on my truck. It looks better than new. I will post again on this after awhile as to how long it lasts.

#16 ·
303 is great, I use it on my interior, my bed liner, and all my plastic trim. Works like a champ!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.