DODGE RAM FORUM banner

oldest of the 4th gens

18K views 111 replies 69 participants last post by  JGiraldezB 
#1 ·
so, now that your first 4th gens are completely broken in. are you still liking them? anyone close to the 100000 mile mark? any big repairs?

#53 ·
Although mine isn't an 09', (2010 RCSB 4x4 Sport)
it was because I usually wait one model year to see if there are any bugs.

My 10' is four years old this week, and normally that's when I trade up.
But this one is a keeper at over 500WHP now, 0-60 in 4 seconds flat.
Quarter mile in the 12's and that's darn good for a 5300lb brick with 4WD and 3.55's

BTW, just over 40k kms (25,000 miles) and only 899 engine hours.

the 14's are nice, but I wouldn't even trade straight across to get one.

#55 ·
My '12 is at almost 71,000 km (44,000 miles). No mechanical issues. Has been in service for 27 months. Diff fluids changed at 42,000 km, plugs changed at 52,000 km along with regular oil changes and air filter. Will need front brakes soon as they are at about 20%. Was very happy with it but just sold it.

Hope to be back with a Ram one day, perhaps a 2015. Peace.

#56 ·
Purchased my '09 RAM Hemi 4x4 with RAMBOX new in January of 2009! She has exactly 69,565 miles on her and Loved every one of them.

Tinted
MagnaFlow 14" Muffler
Pace Edwards Jack-Rabbit sliding Tonneau cover
All Oils been swapped for Amsoil at 30K
Sparks changed at 55k
Custom Rear backup camera
LockPik installed
RetroShop MoriMoto HID's Heads and Fogs 5Five 6000K
Spyder LED and HALO Headlights.

...and by month end will be installing a set of 20" Fuel off Road Mavericks (Black) and Toyo Open Country AT2's 35x12.5xR20 and teh Rancho QuickLift 2.25" Leveing system with Rancho's RS9000XL's in the rear too.

Think mine may be the oldest???? :)

#57 ·
Well I bought my 09 in May of 2011 with 12k miles; I now have just over 80k.

Love the truck; biggest repairs were a new front brakes when one locked up and new condenser for the air conditioning. Both were taken care of under warranty. The first while I was driving through VA the day after Christmas a couple years ago and the latter with 45 miles left on my 80k extended warranty while I was on a vacation in Florida in April.

The only thing I don't really like about my truck is the dealer who sold it to me. Other dealers have gone out of their way to help me out but my dealer just seems like they want to stick their hand in my pocket and steal my wallet lol.

#59 ·
Love my '14 Longhorn! Only has 7k miles but by far the finest riding vehicle we've ever owned. The only problem so far is all my new friends that have something to move, but they've become expectant of my consistent answer. NO!
I look forward to years of cruising in this one.
My brother in Michigan has a '13 3500 4x4 mac-daddy that he works like a Ram every day with about 30k on it. He has had no issues and loves it more than any chevy or ford he has owned over the years, and he has owned a lot of trucks.

#60 ·
So far i have 118,500 miles on my '09
replaced the right rear tail light bulb 2 times
3rd brake light bulb once
left low beam headlight once

the other things were mentioned earlier

the transmission rear seal is beginning to leak
i have been advised to do a throttle body cleaning, i did it at about 40,000 miles, guess it is due again, it will be done by a ASE Certified shop

#63 ·
Been cross country 2 times since my first post here. I now have 62K miles on her.

Replaced the tires before my last trip in early July at 54k, didn't feel comfortable doing high speed travel on 6 year old tires, but the tires still had decent tread on them. The GY's were replaced with Michelin LTX M/S 2 tires. Very quiet and smooth riding but just a little firmer ride than the GY's.

Just had the 60K maintenance completed and runs just as good if not better than the day I picked her up.

Just about 50% of the mileage on the truck has been doing cross country travel.

#64 ·
85000km on my early build 09. Its been pretty good although im certain the tranny is slowly starting to bite the dirt, been shifting funky the last few months.
I still wish i bought a 2500 because this 5.7ft box and shitty payload is killin me :doh:

#69 · (Edited)
My old girl just got a makeover,
No need to trade her in on a new 14' and start making payments again

Lots of life in her yet with just over 40k kms (25k miles)
New Shoes on a set of 14' Sport Wheels and new 14' Sport Headlights
are a lot cheaper than a whole new truck ;)

Finally lost the smoked GTS covers and plasti dip'd chrome clads

New FAT 305/50R20 General Grabber AT2's

New Heads

The new Sport Projectors were murdered out/tinted and HID upgraded by Jeremy at the RetroShop. :smileup:

#72 ·
Scored another 14' upgrade,
to go with the new heads and wheels

LED tails, ($400 ea new at the local dealer)
where someone decided they wanted Recons (probably the blinged out chrome ones).

The kid who works at the dealership took his discarded take-offs
tossed them in a box and scuffed the sh!t out of the lenses, put them on kijiji.

He was asking $300, I offered $250 low ball over the phone,
but when I saw all the scuff marks in person I hit him with $200/pair and he took it.

The scuff's didn't bother me as much as I led on,
because I had planned to wet sand, tint and polish them anyways.

This morning I knocked down the fugly ridges around the perimeter
and the reverse lens with 3000 grit, then fine cut polish buffed to better than new.

2 coats of VHT, 3 coats of spraymax 2K clear coat system.

While they cure for a week before final wet sand and polish,
I have to try and round up the pig tails and resistors to make them work.

#74 ·
I just turned 120,000 miles on my '09
i still need to get the rear transmission seal replaced & the throttle body cleaned
otherwise it is still in great running condition

I see that Huntergreen has not made any more posts
On my Connecticut vacation in July/August, i met him & Jim from NJ
They drove into Connecticut to meet me

My Ram is the Orange one

#77 ·
134k on mine. Just bought it sounded good and ran good but now I'm having intermittent oil pressure problem. I have a separate thread posted on here because of it. I'll see how it goes and I'll come back and update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.