DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2012 R/T build log/parts list.

44K views 429 replies 31 participants last post by  TSINND 
#1 ·
Picking up the new truck next weekend when I get home. Here's what's ordered as of now.

Starting with a 2012 Dodge Ram R/T

I'm having real hell finding the wheels I want to fit the way I want them to so it's getting these for now while I search. These are temporary...what I want will probably have to be built and is gonna take a while.

Tires are Pirelli Scorpion Zero in 305/35/22

Of course it's getting lowered so I ordered the McGaughy's 2/4 drop kit that I'll modify for about a 3/5

Can't not have shocks...so I went with single adjustable QA1's

Seems kinda silly to do all that work and leave stock sway bars on it...so Hellwig's are going on front and rear.

Don't wanna do all that and have a spongy rear suspension with rubber bushings...so I called up Spohn Performance.
Adjustable panhard bar.

And better upper and lower control arms.

And last but not least...SSBC's 14" front brake kit with 4 piston calipers along with matching slotted stock size rear rotors.

That's the suspension list for now. I want rear SSBC calipers but those are a long way out so stock will have to do for now.

Stereo/interior will be the second big part of the project followed by underhood show mods then motor mods. I need to call Billet Technologies this week...I'm gonna basically order their whole catalog for this truck.

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's the audio breakdown. Using the OEM head unit...it's so integrated into the truck I don't wanna lose any of those functions.
The processor will be Rockford Fosgate's new 3Sixty.3. I'm on a waiting list for one now.

The laptop tuning ability looks really fun.

Amplifiers are my new Audio System X-Ion pieces.
The 3 way active front stage will run off the 70.6

Sub will get 1480 watts from the 280.2

Front stage will be my Focal 165 KRX3 set with the midranges and tweeters in the a-pillars and midbass in the doors.

Sub will be my JL Audio 12W6v2 until the W6v3's are released.

I'm undecided on wiring and interconnects yet....probably Street Wires like I've always used in the past. The whole cab will get CLD tiles, ensolite and MLV to deaden and dampen it.

#3 ·
Check out knukconceptz they have great wiring as well. I can't wait to see the truck in progress.

I called hellwig about sway bars for my truck and they said they didn't make them for a lowered truck. I tried to ask what a 2/4 drop did to change the sway bars and they again told me that they will not work. I'm confused on why they wouldn't. If those will work with a 12 crew cab sport could you PM me price and where you picked them up at.

#7 ·
This was my first choice of wheels...unfortunately they can't be drilled at 5x139 so I'm still hunting. Finding a 2 piece forged wheel is harder than I thought....I wanna stay away from 3 piece wheels and their leak issues. Everything I'm finding is in the 11-1500 dollar per wheel range. At some point it's just stupid...
These are only 500 per wheel. I can live with that....they just won't drill them for me.

#9 ·
I like the SRT10 wheels...always have. They're definitely temporary though.
I wanna go for a Pro Touring build style. I'll be using the same dimensions as the SRT wheels because I like the fit....I just want something out of the ordinary for wheels.
I'm waiting to hear back from Hot Rods by Boyd about these HR-1o wheels...I'm liking them a lot.

#10 ·
I like the SRT10 wheels...always have. They're definitely temporary though.
I wanna go for a Pro Touring build style. I'll be using the same dimensions as the SRT wheels because I like the fit....I just want something out of the ordinary for wheels.
I'm waiting to hear back from Hot Rods by Boyd about these HR-1o wheels...I'm liking them a lot.
Well those are some sweet wheels either way..... :smileup:

#20 · (Edited)
I called Bell Tech for the compressed and extended length info on their SP shocks for a 2/4 drop and subtracted a bit since I wanna go about 3/5 then just found the matching length on the charts on QA1's site.
Those are the Stocker Star shocks...they come in a ton of different lengths and mounting styles.
They're not cheap...somewhere around 150 bucks each.

#21 ·
Retro Solutions 55watt 5000K headlights and driving lights are now on the list.
I had their stuff in my F250 and it worked flawlessly for years.
I was gonna have the heads painted and projectors added but I think I'll wait on the 2013 Sport headlights and have them painted instead....I like the OEM projectors.

#22 ·
From what I have heard the 2013 heads lights will NOT fit as they completely adjusted the proportions of the grille and bumper :/...

I have my retrosolutions HID kit, and let me tell you it has been a ride. Right now I just have the kit in, but ask anybody on the forums you "HAVE TO HAVE" the relay harness. Doesn't work with my setup, with out them I get no dash error codes nor do they flicker, but if I install them I get "Flickering" real bad. I mean real bad, and you can hear the harness going crazy from the electrical current. Was told at the ramfest meeting there was a guy who couldn't get the kit to work no matter what. Like each ram was completely different... Which SUCKS as one of my lights burnt out in my first kit, and that made me have to order new bulbs... They wouldn't "honor" their warranty as I did not have the "Proper" equipment or wiring, and that was what caused the error. Sent countless pictures and even a video of how I had the "Harness" setup, and the techy agreed that it was perfect. Turned them on, and BAM flickering on and off. STILL would not honor the warranty and I had to buy new bulbs... Needless to say they won't be my next choice even though everybody on the forumz swear by them...

#26 · (Edited)
I'm far from wealthy, I can promise you that. LOL
Like I said I sold another vehicle and through that one and a couple of others that I've built over the years and the magazine coverage they got combined with my involvement in and ownership of some other automotive forums I'm able to get wholesale pricing on everything I buy. You can really stretch your money when parts are substantially cheaper than usual. I'm fortunate to be in that position.
I have some companies I've worked with in the past that have offered to extend my sponsorships to this truck but I'm wanting to get away from commitments to be at specific places and just enjoy a vehicle for a change.

#27 ·
I have some companies I've worked with in the past that have offered to extend my sponsorships to this truck but I'm wanting to get away from commitments to be at specific places and just enjoy a vehicle for a change.
I had a similar situation with a previous car of mine and it was just too much.
Fun in the beginning but ruins weekends and time away from your vehicle.
I too canned the idea and never looked back
Great call :smileup:

#28 ·
No regrets for sure. I sold my soul for a year with the truck I just sold....it had to be perfect at all times. I was afraid to drive the damned thing. It was featured in 3 magazines, a calendar, several websites including Ford's site, was used in several catalogs and won Best of Show in every show it was ever entered in. It was a great experience but man...what a hassle.
I just wanna drive something now. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.