DODGE RAM FORUM banner

running like crap yet again

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  sonocativo 
#1 ·
Really wanna sell this pos lol. so ya tune up is maybe a month old and was running sweet. the other day my girl friend filled it up....but the gas truck was there. that's a no no in my books. she added a bottle of octane boost likbi told her. she pics me up and its missing like crazy. we get going and it runs good but feels like it did b4 my tune up. i checked the wires used some heet in the tank and it still runs like crap and getting 3miles per gallon again. em i going to have to get new plugs and wires again. i just used omni spark and copper tip autolites. Im kicking my self getting this money pit

#2 · (Edited)
WHOA DOWN A LITTLE.
Filling when they are filling tanks is not good as you know. My wife has been told to never fill any of our vehicles when that is being done. She knows I don't care if she buys $.50/gal more gas someplace else if she needs gas.
So FIRST off a bad tank of gas is not the trucks fault. It happens.
SECOND Autolite plugs in Mopars run like crap. My 4.7, 5.9, even my Chevys run like crap on Autolite plugs. They are crap just like Fram filters. ALLIED AUTOMOTIVE crap.
So my suggested solution drain out or run out as much gas as possible, refill with some Chevron gas. Then put in CHAMPION COPPER CORE or a CHAMPION PLATINUM Plug which is what is in mine. The PO had them installed, since I didn't know when I pulled a couple to look at them & they looked great. So I'm good for several more miles.
Something I can tell you with ALL these newer vehicles run OEM parts on tune ups & anything fuel.
My 90 Honda Civic had the fuel pump go out so I had one installed. 10,000 miles the wife & I are stuck in a snow storm @ midnight 100 miles from home. With nothing no stores, not towns nothing. I turned out this shop put in an airtex pump & it quit. So I took it to my regular shop & they would only install an OEM pump. Which is still running strong 60,000 miles later. The Shop owner told me I don't want to fix the same problems twice. By the way Delphi made pumps for several manufactures as OEM Pumps.
I hope this helps.

#4 ·
I just know that my Dakota 4x4 4.7 I put a set in & they were burned up in 15,000 miles. Someone put Autolites in our Blazer 4x4 before we bought it & I pulled them & they looked OK but it ran better with the OEM Plugs which are AC DELCO Platinum.
It may take awhile to get crappy gas out. I would put a couple of ounces of acetone in a full tank of gas. I have run it for years with no issue.
Cussing her out isn't going to help the situation either. Love works much better. They remember things said in love much better. I explained to my wife why I don't want to buy gas in a station that has a gas delivery or just had one. She many times notices it before I do.
Another option is to go buy some Techron additive from someplace. Between that & a little acetone that should clean the injectors. Remember if you use acetone more is not better only about 2-3 oz max/tank full.

#7 ·
Yeah well some people have that happen to them and theres nothing wrong with saying a product has some faults to it i'm not a firm believer with all these additives you can put in your fuel tank and stuff but at a slight chance it may help i'll conider using something like that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.