DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Keyless entry didn't work after storm

638 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  littlebugpaint 
#1 ·
So we had really bad storms last night and then this morning my keyless entry wouldn't work. I used the "real" key inside the remote to unlock the truck, well then the alarm went off and I had to jump in and put the key in the ignition to get it to turn off. The truck cranked fine and then it was if it had reset itself, because the remote worked then. So has anyone else had this happen? and does anyone think it had something to do with the lightening outside?

#3 ·
I haven't heard of this but have had problems with the remote not triggering when I wanted, cleaned the battery contacts and things are working fine. How bad were the storms in Charlotte last night? We had lots of wind and a little natural fireworks but not what it seems you were experiencing.

#5 ·
Yeah the storms were really wicked, but roared through fast! A friend of mine is without power, but I was lucky and didn't lose it. I just got this truck in Jan., I would be shocked if the battery contacts were dirty, but I will check. I am going to try it again in the morning and drive it to work, so we will see what it does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.