DODGE RAM FORUM banner

weathertech floor liners

4K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Pull Ya 
#1 ·
I put some wethertechs in my ram the day I got it and have noticed that they are impossible to clean. I have scrubbed them with soap and water and once they dry they still look dirty. What do you guys use on these things? I've even wiped them down with me quires inferior detailer and they still look dirty once they dry. Very frustrating.

#11 ·
Where are they located? In the bed of your truck?

You absolutely should never have to pressure wash mats with the finish of Weather Techs.

Dirt and debris - even caked in - will remove with a good APC and hose rinse.

#4 ·
Try a "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser".... a type of sponge found in the cleaning isle at the grocery store. Stains, scuffs, spots, ink..... with the exception of dried paint- I have never met a mess it couldn't wipe right off. Something about the exceptionally fine pores of the material make it work like........ Magic...... sorry.

#7 ·
I put some wethertechs in my ram the day I got it and have noticed that they are impossible to clean. I have scrubbed them with soap and water and once they dry they still look dirty. What do you guys use on these things? I've even wiped them down with me quires inferior detailer and they still look dirty once they dry. Very frustrating.
I have black ones and use Optimum Power clean on mine. I work in a paint shop with lots of dust and paint and it comes right off. Don't even need to use a hose for it. Power clean is fantastic.

#8 ·
I have found my black Weather Tech Digital mats clean easier and more completely than other mats I have had in the past. I wipe them down with Griot's Garage interior cleaner, they so far have cleaned up nicely, but I would suspect other brand and household cleaners would work.

#9 ·
I also have black but they are more gray than black. I love them but get annoyed when I spend 3 hours washing the truck and am left with dirty looking floors because of the liners. I will try a pressure washer on them but I worry about knocking off the logo or something.

#10 ·
Maybe I have different mats than most of you. I vacuum the loose stuff, wipe them with a wet rag and use vinyl protectant on them such as Armor All and they look like new again! Mine are black in color but this should apply to all colors.

#12 ·
They put down crushed concrete on the road/parking lot at my work. Besides the God-awful dust it creates, when it rains I get this mucky concrete slop on my weathertech mats. I have found that good old Dawn dish washing soap and a sturdy little hand brush clean them up good as new.

#16 ·
Be careful of some of the popular "coatings" people use as it might make them realllllllly slick.
Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.